Chapter Two

I shut the door behind me, smiling. Brien yelled from the living room "Y/n did you get my watermelon gummies?" "Yeah" I said throwing them at him as I walked into the living room. "Thanks, are you done unpacking?" He asked. I shook my head. "I'm going to go do that right now actually." I said running up the stairs. 

I opened the door to my room. Boxes were everywhere. I sighed, tied my hair up, and got to work. After an hour or so, it started to get really hot in my room, so I decided to open my window. I leaned against the window frame, enjoying the breeze. All of a sudden, the window of the house next to me opened. I heard music blasting out of the room. "Hey! Can you please turn it down?" I yelled. The person in the room came up to the window. That room was Miguel's room.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry." I said. He laughed. "No worries, I'm being too loud anyway." He replied. I smiled as he turned the music off. He leaned his head out the window. "So." He said. "Looks like our windows are right next to each other." "Yeah" I replied laughing. "Just so you know, I blast music like, 24/7, so you will be hearing a lot of my immaculate music taste." He said. I laughed. "Looks like I'll be the judge of that." He smiled. "What you up to?" "Unpacking" I replied. I pointed a finger gun at my head and pulled the trigger. He laughed. "Alright, cool. Hey, I got to go, see ya Y/n!" He said, shutting the window. I smiled and continued unpacking.

Brien burst into my room. "Who the fuck were you talking to?" He asked. "Oh, our neighbor. His name is Miguel, he's really nice." I replied. "Oh alright." He said shutting my door. I finished unpacking the last box and lied down on my bed, falling asleep. 

I opened my eyes, waking up at 1 PM the next day. Why did I sleep in so much? I got up from my bed, brushed my teeth, did my skincare, and changed into comfy clothes. I went back into my room, and opened my curtains. I saw in the house next to us, Miguel was doing the same thing. He smiled the second he saw me and waved. He put his finger up as if telling me to wait, not like I was going anywhere. He got out a notebook and wrote something down. He flipped it over to me. It read :

Can I get ur #?

I laughed. His handwriting was so bad, it was funny. I got out a piece of paper and wrote it down. I put it up to my window. He got out his phone and copied down my number. A few seeconds later, my phone buzzed. 

heyyy wsg its ur neighbor lol

I laughed as I typed back.

heyy lmfao

what you up to?

i just woke up, how bout u?

about to practice guitar

you play guitar?

mhm

hey do you wanna maybe like hang out today? if you dont have anything going on

yeah sure!

I could see him in his window smiling. I smiled back.

alr what time

idk how abt 4?

bet ill get u then

I smiled.

alright 

I went downstairs to eat some breakfast. I picked out some cereal and got it ready and sat down next to Brien who was sitting on the couch watching a movie. Five minutes passed, and my phone buzzed. Miguel sent me a funny TikTok. I smiled as I wrote back to him. Brien looked over at me after I put my phone down. "The fuck is you smiling at?" He asked. I laughed, "Just Miguel." "Okay..." He said, still looking at me. I frowned. "What?" "Nothing, I mean, do you like him or something?" He asked. "Whoa, Brien, we met yesterday." I replied. I mean, Miguel was fine as hell but I wasn't about to tell him that. "Alright... I'm just a bit more hesitant about guys ever since Brayden happened...."

Brayden. My ex-boyfriend. He was toxic and abusive. I tried breaking up with him after I realized that, but he didn't take it well. So, I was stuck with him. But it wasn't for long, until Brien found out what he was doing and saying to me, when one day he went and beat Brayden's ass, which got him suspended from school for a week. After that Brayden still harassed me, but we weren't together anymore.

"Yeah, but we're just friends." I said, standing up and putting my plate in the dishwasher. I ran upstairs to go and watch a movie in my room. I fell asleep and woke up at 3:50. Shit shit shit. I got up and ran to the bathroom. I look like a MESS. I brushed my hair and brushed my teeth, and did my skincare. I picked an outfit and put it on. (you can choose what you're wearing) As I was putting my makeup on, the doorbell rang. Shit. Miguel. "BRIEN! CAN YOU PLEASE GET THAT???" I yelled downstairs. "YEAH" He yelled back.

I finished putting my makeup on and ran downstairs. Brien and Miguel were standing in the kitchen. "I want her home by 9, she has my location, and no weird shit or I will beat your ass without hesitation. Do I make myself clear?" Brien asked Miguel, basically interrogating him. Miguel blinked, wide eyed. "Um... okay?" He replied. I decided to break up this conversation. "OKAY, Brien, thank you for that, we will be on our way out now." I said grabbing Miguel's arm and dragging him out the door.