Chapter Three

TW: mention of suicide.

Miguel and I walked out the door. "So, your brother is... interesting." Miguel says, smiling. My eyes widen. Shit. "Oh, god. I'm sorry, he's just a bit, I don't know, weirded out by guys ever since..." I started. Mikey frowned. "Ever since what?" "Um, there was this one guy that I was kind of in a relationship with, he was very toxic. Whatever, we're long over now." I said. I quickly changed the subject. "So, where are we going?" He smiled. "I have a spot in mind."

We walked over to the movie theater. "Miguel! I love the movies!" I said. He smiled. "I knew it." We walked into the theater, got popcorn and walked into the showing room. The movie was Bodies Bodies Bodies. As the movie started, Miguel looked over at me and smiled. During one of the scary scenes, I jumped and grabbed Miguel's hand. "Shit. I'm sorry." I said. "No worries." He said, smiling. But neither of us let go.

As the movie ended, we got up and left the theater. As we were walking home, Miguel and I were walking and talking. We finally got to my door a half hour later. "Alright, bye Y/n!" He said smiling. "Bye, Miguel." I said smiling and blushing. I closed the door behind me. Brien was on the couch. "How was it? How was Miguel?" He asked. "Good." I said, running upstairs. Brien watched me running upstairs with a confused/concerned look, but shrugged it off.

I stayed up thinking of Miguel. How he didn't pull away after I grabbed his hand. We were holding hands for an hour. And he didn't even pull away once during the movie. It's like he wanted me to hold his hand. I pull out my airpods and open spotify, to take my mind off of Miguel. He probably only thinks of me as a friend.

I fell asleep listening to the music. I woke up to a notification a few hours later. I opened my phone. A new text from Miguel. 

don't open your window.

I smiled. I went over to my window and opened it. His window was open as well. "Y/n! I told you to not open your window!" I laughed. "What do want Miguel?" I said smiling. He climbed over to the roof extension under his window. "Miguel! What the fuck are you doing?!" He smiled. "Come here!" He said. I hesitated and climbed over out of my window to my roof extension. He took my hand and led me to the top of his roof. Miguel took my hand. Holy SHIT. MIGUEL TOOK MY HAND. We sat down at the top of his roof and sat there in silence for a minute, looking at the stars.

"Y/n?" He asked me. "Yeah, Mikey?" I replied. "Tell me something about yourself, that nobody knows about you." He asked. I sighed. "I have a weird obsession with my future. I want to be a director for movies. I want to make an impact on the world. I want to get married to someone that loves me, and I want to have 2 kids that will be each others permanent best friends." I said. "It's weird, I know." He smiled. "It's not weird." He said. "Yes it is, what's your future going to be like?" I asked. "When I'm done with acting, I want to settle in a nice neighborhood, get married to someone that I love, have kids. I want to open a gym, where people can learn how to box, so that I can make an impact on the world that way." He said. 

Damn, I didn't know that Miguel was like this. He usually seems so chill, kind of a 'I-don't-give-a-shit' attitude, but he seems really passionate about this. "That sounds like a great plan Miguel." I said. He smiled. "Your plan is great too. Why a movie director though?" He asked. I sighed. "Because of Cory. He was my best friend. He's the reason why I moved here. It was his dream, but he never fulfilled it." I said. Miguel looked over at me. "Why couldn't he fulfill it?" He asked. I looked down. "Because, Cory was depressed. Really depressed. He didn't tell anyone about what he was struggling with. So one day last summer, he killed himself. I feel like I was responsible for it. If he had told me what he was going through, maybe I could have saved his life." 

At this point I was crying. Miguel hugged me and didn't let go for a very long time. When he finally let go, he said, "I'm so sorry. That must have been very hard to deal with. So, it was his dream, so now you have to fulfill it, because he never did?" I smiled and nodded.