Chapter 42

Before heading back to Gusu, I went to go visit Shijie with Jiang Cheng. She was waiting for us in the gardens outside her room at Koi Tower.

"Shijie!" I said happily and hugged her.

"A'Xian, I missed you," she said and sat down between Jiang Cheng and me, "how are you?"

"I am doing good," I said, "I am cultivating again and can carry my sword."

"You told A'Cheng? Finally," she said.

"Yes, finally," Jiang Cheng said, "I'm not upset. I'm grateful. I guess I can understand why it took him so long to say something...wish it was sooner or I wouldn't have worked you to exhaustion before."

"Well, I am better now, and my golden core is doing well," I said, "and you are cultivating as well. Which is also good."

"How are things in Gusu? How are Wen Qing and her family?" Shijie asked.

"They are doing fine," I said, "Wen Qing has been helping me out as well," I then looked at Jiang Cheng, "do you want your comb back? She and Zewu Jun are getting fairly close.

"She can keep the comb, and I've moved on from her," Jiang Cheng said, "I'm happy for them if they decide to court each other."

"So, who is the special someone then?" I asked.

"Special someone?" Shijie asked.

"I think Jiang Cheng is seeing someone. He is being a lot more cheerful then normal. He also asked me if I can give my head disciple position to someone else. As I have now been adopted into the sect properly," I explained.

"Oh, who is it?" Shijie asked him, "wait, is it that one female disciple you are always around these days? What's her name? Ugh...Luo MeiZhen (Means Beautiful Pearl) right?"

"Luo MeiZhen? Didn't she join the sect after Lotus Pier revived?" I asked, "you took her in because you found her. Her home was destroyed by the Wen Sect...you like her?"

"Shut it!" Jiang Cheng spat.

"A'Cheng, she suits you. Her personality is tame but outgoing. She brings out a happy A'Cheng," Shijie said.

I smiled, "I am happy for you," I said calmly, "if you like her, go after her. Don't let my teasing get to you. As your older brother, I support you. But I also have a duty to tease you."

Jiang Cheng pouted a bit, "Don't tease me this once," he begged.

"Okay, if you can send three months worth of lotus pods, for seeds and Shijie's soup. She gave Xichen-Ge the recipe. So I feel like it's a fair deal," I told him.

"Three months?" He asked, "make it two."

"Fine," I said and stood, "I wish I could stay longer, but I do have to go. Lan Zhan and Xichen-Ge are waiting for me."

"Okay, take care of yourself," Shijie said hugging me before I left.

"See you soon, Jiang Cheng," I said.

"I'll stop by in a few weeks to talk about the proposal," he said.

"What proposal?" Shijie asked.

"Making an engagement proposal with Lan Zhan," I answered, "and making an alliance between Gusu and Yunmeng."

"You two want to get married?!" She asked happily, "let me know when it is about to happen. I want to help pick out your robes and do your hair!"

I laughed, "okay," I said and left them.

***

~*Lan Xichen's POV*~

Thinking about what A'Xian told me last night, A-Yao has motives and he potentially played me in order to get information. I don't think I gave him too valuable of information but it still hurts a bit. I knew him to be very kind when we first met, but now, am I nothing more then an information source.

"Xiongzhang?" Wangji asked as we waited for A'Xian at our room. I looked at him, "are you okay?"

I let out a sigh, "I'm trying to be. Meng Yao played me, and used my kindness to get what he needed. Some information."

Wangji sat beside me and placed his head on my shoulder, "he is stupid for losing a good friend in you. Just know that Wei Ying, Shufu, and I are here for you."

I pulled him into a hug, "you're getting better at the comfort thing," I told him.

"Mnn, Huan-Ge gives warm hugs. Huan-Ge is also always there for me when I need him," he said.

I smiled, "thank you, Didi."

"You're welcome, GeGe" he said.

A'Xian soon came back and leaned against the door frame, "look at you two bonding," he teased.

"Of course," I said.

"Jiang Cheng told me he will be coming to Gusu in a few weeks to discuss the proposal...and my Shijie wants to help plan it when we are ready for that step," he explained.

I nodded, "that's good to know."

"I also got the name my Shidi is drooling over," he said.

"And who would that be?" I asked.

"After Lotus Pier was revived, Jiang Cheng and I went to nearby villages that were destroyed by the Wen Sect. We met a girl named Luo MeiZhen, she is around his age, and she was the only one left along with her older brother. So, he either wants to give the head disciple position to her or her brother," he said, "didn't specifically ask which one. I didn't want to tease him too much this time. He seems shy about it and also he is different because of her. In a good way."

"And yet, you have no problem teasing me or Wen Qing," I told him.

"That's because you two are obvious. You worked your magic with Lan Zhan and me so I wanted to push you a bit with Wen Qing," he explained.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "boy!"

"Secret!" He said.

I sighed hanging my head back, "I should just let you say it because you are haunting me with it."

"Are you sure?" He asked, "you are having a really good moment with your Didi."

"What is going on with you two?" Wangji asked.

"I accidentally gave A'Xian a secret about you that I only knew," I said.

He swallowed, "what secret?" He asked.

"That you're ticklish," A'Xian said in a cutesy way that he was rocking back and forth on his feet.

"Huan-Ge! That's why he has been poking me like that?" Wangji asked.

"It slipped out," I said, "but, A'Xian is just as ticklish."

"How do you know?" Wangji asked.

"Because I tickled him as a punishment," I said.

He glared at me, "why?"

"He was saying he didn't feel good enough for you," I told him.

"I will let it slide just this once," Wangji said, "but not again."

"Fair," I said.