Chapter 9

I enter my room, and it's probably only a little smaller than my entire house. I walk over to one of the doors, expecting it to be a closet, but instead find a bathroom the size of the bedroom on the train. I open up the actual closet and program it to my style, I grab a pair of black leggings and a green short sleeve shirt and head to the bathroom. After I finish my shower, I get dressed and put my hair back in a ponytail and walk out to the living room to see what Enobaria and Brutus wanted to talk about.

"Brutus is out going to ask around about sponsors, when he comes back we can all eat and discuss what will happen tomorrow. I noticed you talked with the two from district one, what was your impression of them?" Enobaria asks, I walk over to one of the chairs and sit down

"They seem nice enough, we didn't really get a lot of time to discuss what weapons everyone was skilled with, so I guess we'll see tomorrow," I reply

"What did you think about district twelve's outfits? I heard some people calling Katniss the girl on fire." She asks,

"They certainly made me more excited to enter the arena. Katniss specifically, I wonder if she'll be good with anything specific tomorrow." I say slightly annoyed at the thought of them stealing our sponsors.

"They might've been told not to show their skills by their mentor, so I wouldn't count on training to show you what they are capable of. It's good to have a target, but don't let it take control of how you act and plan both outside and in the arena. My partner in the games became annoyed with a tribute from district four, because she got a better score than he did. He let his anger blind him and his focus shifted from surviving and winning, to making sure she wouldn't. Obviously he died, or else I wouldn't be talking to you." She said

"Did he kill her?" I ask

"Yes. But he became arrogant and boasted about it to the wrong person and they poisoned his water supply. Which wasn't the most ideal for me, since we were allies and that was my water too, but I didn't say anything let him drink it because it would be one less person for me to kill. The point isn't if he died or she died, what I'm saying is you can't let your emotions control what you do. The moment you step off the plate, you become numb, you just kill or be killed. Another big reason a lot of Career tributes die, isn't because they aren't good or they don't care. It's because they care too much, if half of the kids I mentored didn't go around and boast about who they killed or how they did it, a good amount of them would still be alive. You need the mental state of if you kill her good if you don't, too bad. You have to get over it and move on with the game. Because if you don't you will get die" She says, I don't know how to respond, I was honestly just trying to keep the conversation going.

"Okay" I say, I mean there isn't much else to say to all that. She nods and I hear a door open,

"What are you two talking about?" Cato asks walking into the kitchen

"Katniss." I say, I don't think it is my place to tell Enobaria's story, and I don't really want to either."

"The plant?" He asks grabbing an apple and sitting down on one of the couches.

"No, the girl from district twelve, her name is Katniss." I reply with a slight laugh

"Oh, interesting name." He says before biting into his apple

"We're about to partner with someone named Glimmer, I don't think we can really judge her name too much." I say

"The boy is Peeta." Enobaria says with a slight smile

"Like the bread?" I ask

"Spelled differently, but I believe that was the intention." She says, god why do all these people name their kids such odd names. I hear the elevator ding, and Brutus walks in kooking slightly annoyed.

"I never want to hear the words fire, Katniss, or Peeta ever again." He sighs walking over to sit next to Enobaria.

"Good news though, tomorrow after training, the two from district one and their mentors are coming up to discuss strategies and alliances." Brutus says

"I thought tributes weren't supposed to interact outside of training." Cato says

"Typically, you aren't but I managed to pull a few strings with the right people. I'm pretty well liked, which I'm sure is no surprise to any of you." He replies

"Well liked and feared are very different things." Enobaria says laughing slightly,

"I'm choosing to ignore your complete and very foolish lack of trust you have in my people charming skills." He retorts

"Threating to stab the family member of a man you just met is not my idea of charming. In fact, it's too boring and overused. Use your imagination, you need something more original something jaw dropping." Enobaria responds adding a slight grin to show her pointed teeth. I look over at Cato and he just grins.

"I want them scared or dead, not the ability to chew steak faster than the average person." Brutus says before getting up and walking into the kitchen.

"Should I let Silvia miss dinner, or should I get her up?" He asks not looking up from whatever he was doing.

"If you don't wake her she'll be all annoyed and then we'll have to hear her stupid accent as she yells at us in a high-pitched voice to be respectful of her." Cato responds getting up to throw away his apple.

"Alright, someone else get her up I'll get an Avox to start making something." Brutus says before disappearing down the hall. Enobaria gets up and walks to Silvia's room before pounding on the door. She waits a few seconds and after Silvia doesn't respond she knocks again, still no response. Brutus comes back a few minutes later and sits at the table, as Avoxes start to bring out different foods.

"Silvia, you better be walking over to this door, or laying on your bed dead! And if not, I'll rip off that foolish wig off your head and kill you myself!" She yells, geez talk about letting your emotions control you, then again she did already survive the arena.

"With your hands or your teeth?" Silvia asks peeking her head out the door, her wig askew.

"Never mind that, just hurry and get ready so we can eat." Enobaria responds annoyed heading over the the table.