Chapter 13

Hopefully she won't be too mad at us, though I didn't really do anything wrong.

"Glimmer wanted to know if I was interested pretending to date her for sponsors." Cato says I look at Enobaria, and she looks over at Silvia before laughing. I did not expect that,

"In all honesty it is a horrible idea, but it would be obvious it's a one sided thing. As well as the fact you're Careers so the Capitol probably wouldn't like it." She says and Brutus walks into the room.

"Finally, you're up listen to what that girl Glimmer wanted to do. Go on, tell him Cato." Enobaria says still laughing a little.

"She wanted to pretend to date me to get more sponsors." Cato states and Brutus scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"That would never work, it's obvious you have no interest in her and the Capitol would see right through it." Brutus says sitting down.

"As much fun as this was, you two need to head to training." Silvia says, we stand up and she walks us out the door and practically shoved us into the elevator. I hit the button to go down to the training floor and Glimmer and Marvel enter before it passes level 1. I scoot over to the side to make room for them. I wonder how their going to act, hopefully nothing changes too much. Although, it wouldn't be horrible if Glimmer didn't talk as much.

"Hi Cato!" Glimmer says smiling while leaning into Cato's arm.

"Hello Glimmer, hi Marvel." Cato replies while pulling his arm away. Glimmer pouts and Marvel waves. The elevator dings and we walk to the center to wait for the other tributes to arrive. Once everyone gets here Atala goes over the rules and Marvel, Cato, Glimmer, and I walk over to the spears. We decide to watch the district twelve boy attempt the rope course, he was doing alright but then he missed a rope and crashed onto the floor. I don't think I'll have to worry about him too much. I see Katniss tell him something and he walks over to the medicine balls, before picking one up. He throws it with little struggle at a rack of spears breaking them, maybe he isn't completely incompetent. I know I'm great with knives so I head for the swords to practice, I hear yelling and turn round to see Cato arguing with the boy from district six. That moron is going to be the death of me literally. I see people stop practicing to hear the fight, it's probably something stupid. As I walk closer I hear Cato screaming about how the boy stole his knife. Pointless really, it isn't like there is a lack of knives he could use. I'm not over here complaining about not having my emotional support knife that I had to leave back home. Which was and still is very upsetting. I walk back over to the sword station, as the two of them are separated by peacekeepers. Eventually, Atala calls us over to tell us what to expect for the private session with the Gamemakers. Glimmer and Marvel stay behind to talk to one of the trainers, so Cato and I are the only two in the elevator.

"What the hell was your little hissy fit about?" I ask pushing the button to take us to our floor.

"I was just annoyed, he took my knife I needed to show him he wasn't going to get away with it." Cato responds crossing his arms making him look a like a pouting child.

"I thought Brutus and Enobaria told you to control your temper." I say as the elevator doors open. I walk to my room grab a blue shirt and some black pants and take a shower. I get dressed and walk out to the kitchen and grab an apple.

"Clove, we need to talk about the sessions with the Gamemakers tomorrow." Enobaria says motioning for me to sit next to her on the couch. I sit down beside her and bite into my apple.

"Obviously you're going to show them your knife throwing. Do you have anything else that could get you a good score?" She asks

"Yeah, I'm good with climbing so I can throw knives from high places, and I'm good with spears. I know all of the plants as well as the traps." I reply and she nods

"Good, make sure you have their attention, do whatever it takes to get a good score without jeopardizing your life." Enobaria says, as Cato and Brutus come in and sit in the chair next to me and Enobaria.

"So anything interesting happen today?" Brutus asks I look over at Cato, I wonder if he is going to say anything about the knife argument.

"The district twelve male did something besides paint. He threw s medicine ball and broke some of the spear." Cato says,

"Alright, so both of them are hiding their talents and whatnot. Is that all?" Enobaria replies

"I got into an argument with the district six boy." Cato says

"We told you to keep that temper of yours under control. What was it over?" Brutus states quirking an eyebrow.

"He stole my knife so I told him that when we got to the arena he would be done." Cato responds

"There were tons of other much nicer knives they both could've used." I add getting up to throw away my apple.

"Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think we asked for your input." Cato states annoyed

"No you're right, I was just contributing to the conversation." I reply shrugging my shoulders and sitting back down.

"No matter the reason, don't do it again." Enobaria says sternly as Silvia walks in. After a while I walk back to my room and decide to take a nap.

"Clove, Cato! It's time for dinner!" I hear Silvia yell in her high pitched voice while banging on my door. I groan and get out of bed and put my hair up. I enter the dining room as the last Avox leaves. Silvia nods her head motioning me to sit across from her. I sit down and Silvia starts piling different foods onto everyone's plates, pausing to make sure we want it before she puts it on. We eat in silence the only noises are the scraping of plates and chewing. I finish eating and take over my plate, I don't really have anything to say and I need to get rested for the session tomorrow. I say goodnight to everyone, enter my room and get changed, and climb into bed. I hear pounding on my door and try to block it out with the pillow.

"Clove you need to get up and be ready to go in an hour." I look over at the clock and see it's 8:00, great I really do have to get up. I take a shower, brush my teeth, put on the training uniform, and put up my hair. I walk out to the kitchen and sit down for breakfast. It's 9:45 and I finished breakfast, I'm waiting for Cato to be done.

"Remember, Clove throw the knives and whatnot. Cato, use the swords, spears, and whatever else." Enobaria says pulling us up and shoving us out to the elevator. Cato and I enter the elevator and press the button to take us to the training center. We exit and wait until the rest of the tributes arrive before Atala takes us all to a big room and seats us by district. Glimmer and Marvel went and Cato is called,

Good luck, you'll do great." I say quietly

"Thanks, don't miss." He responds with a small smile

"I never do." I reply as he disappears behind the doors.

"Clove Kentwell, District two." The announcer states and I walk into a room almost exactly like the training center, just smaller.