Chapter 7

Scarlett's POV

It's been a month since I had the call letting me know that they had the man who planned the kidnapping. I couldn't be happier that he was finally behind bars. Apparently he had sold my baby to some couple in Kentucky. Of all places, she had been in Kentucky. Or at first she was, we don't know if she is still there or not. They are doing more investigations with the couple. Trying to find out where exactly they are. God, I can't believe after all these years. We are so close to finding my little Novah.

I hope that the couple took good care of her. Oh God, I didn't even think of that. When we find her, I can't just take her away from her family. I mean, they raised her after all. It wouldn't be right.  Maybe, we can somehow come to an agreement to where I can still see her. But I want her to live with me. I just want my baby in my arms. But that's selfish, like I said, I can't just take her away from the family she's only ever known. I don't know what to do.

Novah's POV

It's been a month since the incident after I came back from the library. Since then things have only gotten worse. Brian still drinks, heavily now. I try to stay out of his way as much as possible. Anytime he see's me all he does is yell at me, cuss me out, and hit me. Sharon is to scared to do anything, which I don't blame her. She just keeps Kaitlyn away from him when he is like that as much as she can. He has never laid a hand on either of them, but she's being cautious.

Me on the other hand, am not so lucky. The first time he hit me was when I had gotten back from school. He was in a really bad mood. He ended up backhanding me into the wall. After that, it only got worse. I'm practically his punching bag now, which as long as it's not Kaitlyn then I'm okay with it.

Madisen and I don't really talk anymore, she's off hanging out with the popular kids now. It's like I don't exist to her, which just makes me sad because she was all I had for me to look forward to seeing everyday. But I don't want to seem like I'm throwing a pity party, so I'll just continue to smile and act as if everything is okay. That's one of the things I'm good at, Is faking it till I make it.

Detective Lacey's POV

After a little bit of research, we didn't have to look far because the couple Cameron sent Novah to are currently in jail. Apparently they had abused the poor child, and then abandoned her. And I absolutely hate that! No child deserves any of that. I already let Scarlett know of the situation, which she is not happy with. Which of course, I'm not either. So now I'm currently walking down the hallway towards  the social worker's office.

I knock on the door as I hear a faint come in. "Hi, Detective Lacey?" She asks. I nod and smile. "Yes, that's me. It seems we have a lot to discuss."

(AN: I know this one is kinda short. Also I know that it doesn't have a lot of conversation in this chapter. Mainly just thoughts. But that's mainly what I was going for in this chapter. I'll release the next chapter later.)