Chapter 13

I woke up to the sun shining in my face, which agitated me greatly. Ugh, I hate mornings! I slowly get up and start to get dressed. Today was the day I would officially get to meet Rose and Cosmo. And Scarlett's mom Melanie. My Nana I suppose. Scarlett asked me if it was alright, because Melanie really wanted to meet me. But she also wanted me to be comfortable and not rushed into things. But of course, I said it would be fine. So I'll be meeting her too. But that won't be until later this evening, because Scarlett wanted us to go shopping for clothes for me, and get things for my room before we went to go get them. Colin had to go to work today, so it will be just me and her.

I end up running into Scarlett as soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs. Quite literally right into her, which caused me to fall flat on my hind end. "Oh! I'm sorry baby! Are you okay?!" Scarlett exclaimed. I just let out a short laugh but nod my head yes. I've noticed she makes such a fuss if I get slightly hurt. Such as right now. "I'm fine m-Scarlett." I quickly correct myself, hopefully she didn't catch my slight slip up. Which by the way she's fussing over me, I'd say she did. "Are you sure? You didn't hit your head or anything did you?" She puts her hand to the back of my head but I softly grab her arm and push it away. "I'm okay. Really." I smile. She sighs in relief then smiles at me. "Well then, in that case." She grabs my face and pulls me close then kisses my forehead then nose and cheeks. "Good morning my beautiful girl."  I can't help but giggle as she keeps kissing my face, but she eventually relents.

"Okay, so I was thinking that we eat a little something now. And then we can go shopping and we can stop and get some lunch later on while we are there. How does that sound?" I hum in agreement as I grab an apple. I'm honestly kinda nervous. Sure I've been shopping before, but not really shop. You know? What I'm saying is, I've never had a lot of stuff before. If I were to go shopping, I had a certain budget I had to go by. So, I didn't get a lot. Maybe just a shirt or two but they were mainly from the clearance isle. And I get the feeling Scarlett doesn't shop in that section. I'm so used to looking at cheap things, it's gonna be weird buying stuff that could cost 100's of dollars.

We finally arrived at the mall, and Scarlett dragged me to just about every store they got. We've bought so many clothes already, and we have set orders for decor for my room. I've never really gotten to decorate my own room before, so it was a bit of a challenge on how I wanted to do it. But eventually I decided I wanted to do a kinda night theme. I absolutely love the moon and stars. Just anything about the nighttime I love! I got a tapestry to hang behind my bed with the moon and stars on it. And some fairy lights to go along side it. Dark curtains with stars on them. Two neon lights that are shaped like a cloud and Saturn. A dark comforter set with small constellations on them here and there. And I even got one of those popular moon lamps and a few other things.

Once we were done, we finally ate lunch. And soon after we headed home to put everything away. I finally sat down in the couch to catch my breath. That was a lot! We didn't have to be over to Melanie's for another couple hours so I decided to close my eyes and take a little nap. But my eyes snapped open as I realized I would be meeting them. My head started to spiral with so much doubt. What if they don't like me? Want if I do something stupid? Scarlett surely wouldn't want me then. I also know that considering I'm the 'oldest', that means Cosmo and Rose will most likely look up to me. They'll want to follow my lead. Oh God. I don't want to be a bad influence. What if I accidentally teach them stuff that's not good.

I was suddenly brought out of my spiral by Scarlett. I look over at her looking at me in concern. "Sweetheart, are you okay? I've been trying to get your attention for a bit now." My plan was to tell her I was fine. But my brain had other plans. Tears immediately sprung in my eyes as my mind kept making up every bad scenario that could happen.

Her eyebrows furrowed in worry and she immediately pulled me into a hug. "Baby? What's the matter?" She continues to hold me as I try to stop crying. "W-what if they don't like me?" I whisper so quietly I'm not sure she heard me. "Oh baby. Is that what your worried about?" I nod my head against her neck. "Oh sweetheart. Everything is going to be okay. And you don't have to worry about that. They are going to love you! In fact, they already do!" She kisses my head. "Everything will be okay."

A few more minutes went by with Scarlett comforting me before I calmed down. I pull away and look away embarrassed. Why can't I just grow up and not cry about every little thing? I feel Scarlett move some of my hair behind my ear then lift my chin up gently to look at her. "Hey. Don't do that. Don't do that to yourself." I look at her confused. Do what? "You're getting into your own head. You're letting these negative thoughts take over." I look at her surprised. How-how can she tell? I mean I know I just bawled like a baby a few moments ago but how did she know I was doing it again? As if she could read my mind, she answered. "I can see it in your eyes. And your not very good at controlling your facial expressions" she grins. Ah, of course. My facial expressions always get me into trouble. I slightly roll my eyes and let out a teary laugh. I feel Scarlett pull me into another hug. "I love you baby girl." I smile and melt into her hug.

A couple of hours later, it was finally time to go get Rose and Cosmo. Once we arrived to Melanie's, Scarlett turned to me, "It's going to be alright. Okay? She'll love you. And so will Rose and Cosmo." I take a deep breath and nod. Before we could even get to the door, the door suddenly opened, and came running was a little girl. "Mama!!" Rose shouted and ran into Scarlett's waiting arms. "Hi sweetheart!!" I can tell Scarlett missed her by the way she hugged Rose. I suppose it has been a few days that they've seen each other. Considering they haven't seen each other since Scarlett came to get me. I look away to give them their moment. I'm happy to see them happy. But at the same time, I can't help but envy it.

I look back over as I hear Rose whisper. "Mama, is that her?" Scarlett's smile gets real big. "Yeah baby. That's her. That's your big sister Novah." Rose let's out a small shriek then rushes out of Scarlett's arms and runs and hugs me. Man, why am I so short?! This kid literally fits right underneath my chin. And she's only 8 years old! I look up at Scarlett and see her smiling with tears in her eyes. I look down as Rose starts pulling me towards the house, when I finally notice who I'm guessing is Melanie standing at the door who I'm assuming is Cosmo. "Careful! There could be ice!" Scarlett exclaimed. I roll my eyes a bit with a smirk. She's such a worry wort. Sure she's right. It's January, and it's cold outside, so I can see why she would be worried about some ice. But still, I can't help but make fun of her slightly.

Once I turn my attention up to Melanie, I see her eyebrows furrowed, almost like she was scowling. "Well, are you going to make me wait or what?" She says. If it was anyone else, they would have realized that she was joking. But me being me took it as a bad sign and started to panic and get nervous.

Did I upset her? Is she mad? I wanted to stop before I got to close to her, but Rose had other plans. She dragged me to stand right in front of her. Melanie looked at me for a good few seconds, then suddenly broke out into a big smile. Scarlett came and took Cosmo out of her arms, after she did, I was engulfed into a big hug, which surprised me. I hesitantly hug her back, and soon realize that this is where Scarlett gets her hugs from. It feels so warm and cozy, I feel like I could just stay here forever.

She leans back and puts her hands on my face and looks me over. "Oooohhh, just look at you! You've grown so much!! Just as beautiful as the day you were born!" I know for sure that my face was beet red. I'm not used to so many complements. Especially about my looks. "Come on, let's get inside before we all freeze to death out here." She says as she guides us through the door with her arm around me.