Chapter 18

Scarlett's POV

I had just got home from dropping Novah off at school. Everything was going great. But the moment I walked into the living room where Colin was sitting, I broke out into tears. And I mean full on sobs. "Babe? What's wrong? What happened?!" Colin asked concerned as he rushed over to me. "I-I-I... eh..." I took a deep breath as another sob passed through me. "I just dropped my baby off on her first day of school! And now I miss her!!" I cried. Colin paused for a moment trying to comprehend what I just said. Then he starts laughing. Why is he laughing?! This is no laughing matter. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away and went and sulked on the couch.

Colin got quiet and came and sat down beside me. "I'm sorry babe. I just wasn't expecting it. I know it's gonna be hard adjusting to her not being here all the time. But it's not like she's moved away. She's just gone to school and back. The day will be over before you know it and she will be home again." I continued to pout as I glared at him. "She'll be gone for 8 whole hours! 8! That is far to long." I sigh. "I just hope she has a good day." Colin smiled. "I'm sure her day will go just fine. You'll see."

Novah's POV

My day was absolutely not fine. So far I've gotten lost multiple times, I've accidentally walked into the wrong class twice, I've been pushed and shoved into other people and lockers, I blame my shortness for that one, I've tripped and spilled my food during lunch, and now I have someone ready to pounce at me at any moment because I spilled said food on them. Ugh, I just want this day to be over.

I was finally in my last class of the day. Which just so happened to be math. Algebra to be specific. Which is not how I would want to spend the last hour of school, but all well. "Hey." I hear next to me. I look over to see a girl looking at me. I raise an eyebrow in question. "Yes..?" She looks over at the teacher then back at me as if making sure she wasn't looking. "You're Novah right? The new girl?" She whispered. I nod. "Yeah, that's me." She smiled and stuck out her hand. "I'm Kristen." I take her hand with a small shake and smile back. "I've been wanting to talk to you for like... the past two classes but it never happened." She let out a nervous chuckle. "Really? Oh, well, that's nice to hear."

We continued to talk to each other for a while until the teacher finally caught on and shushed us. We grinned at each other trying not to laugh but then started doing our own thing until the bell rang for us to go home. Kristen waved goodbye on our way out and I couldn't keep the smile off my face. After having one of the worst days, it ended with me finally making a friend. Now I have something to look forward to everyday. Once I got outside I looked around at all the cars trying to find Scarlett. Once I found her and quickly rushed and got into the car. "Hi baby! How was your day?" I raised my eyebrow at her skeptically because of the way she greeted me. She seemed way to happy. But I quickly shook it off and thought of what to tell her. I didn't want to tell her how terrible it was. "Umm, it was good! I made a friend. Her names Kristen." Which technically isn't a lie since I did make a friend and the last hour was good. She doesn't need to know about the rest. She smiled brightly. "Well that's great to hear. I'm glad you had a good day sweetheart." I gave her a forced smile in return hoping she wouldn't know. Which I don't think she did.

Once we had gotten home, I quickly went upstairs to put my things away and returned downstairs to be greeted by Cosmo looking up at me from his play area. "Hi Cossi!" I say in my high pitch voice which causes him to laugh and reach for me. I pick him up and kiss his cheek then sit in the couch with him in my lap. "Have you been a good boy for mama and daddy today?" I ask him cheerfully. "Oh I bet you have. You're always a good boy! I missed you!" I tickled him and hugged him. Gosh I missed him a lot more than I realized. "I beg to differ." Scarlett says jokingly as she walks into the living room and sits right next to me. She gives Cosmo and big smile with her nose scrunched up and kisses his cheek. "You like to cause a lot of mischief young man." She says then turns to me. "And what about me? Didn't you miss me?" She asks seriously but I know she was playing my around. "Mmm." I pause and act like I'm thinking it over. "No, not really." She gasps acting hurt then glares at me. "Oh come on. I know you missed me! My little bugga boo! You just couldn't stand the idea of being away from your mommy for so long!" She squeezes my cheeks together and pulls me in a tight hug with a high pitched and pouty voice almost like she would when talking to Cosmo.

I couldn't help but giggle as I heard Cosmo laughing his head off as he was watching us. Colin walked in at the end of Scarlett's sentence. "Don't be fooled Novs. She sulked all day after she got home." I laughed as Scarlett glared at him for calling her out. "Aww, you missed me?" I ask teasingly. She rolls her eyes at me. "Yes, I missed you very much. I've gotten used to you being around all the time." She leans over and kisses my temple. "Well, I missed you too." I smile and look over at Colin. "Eh, I guess I missed you too old man." I roll my eyes playfully. "Oh, so that's how you wanna be, huh?" I smirked and shrugged trying not to laugh. "Ok, so I'm gonna go do some homework. Because, having homework on your first day of school is normal now days." I roll my eyes handed Cosmo to Scarlett and started heading upstairs. "Okay sweetheart. I'll have dinner ready in a couple of hours." Scarlett called after me.