VII. 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝟮.𝟬

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐈𝐀

Harpia had thought that recruiting the most ruthless and most dangerous criminals in the entire Realm of Ninjago had been a good idea.

Of course, it had been. The two she broke out of Kryptarium Prison were very powerful, and had no problem snapping necks. The one she picked up from an island off the east coast of the mainland was the smartest man she'd ever met. Then there was her sister, who, for a simple and kind soul, also had a knack for twisting people into doing what she wanted.

It was a great idea. Probably the best one she'd thought of in a while.

It's just... Harpia never thought they'd be such idiots.

"YOU LYING, CHEATING, PIECE OF--"

"Oh yeah? You're the one who thinks you can get away with everything you do. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD."

"I'm leaving you, and I'm taking Halia with me!"

"Oh please, you can have her!"

"HEY!"

"By all the stars," Harpia cursed under her breath. She was absolutely done with her recruits, even if they'd only been here for about a month. She glared at the center of the room, glowering at the rest of her gang from her shadowed corner. They were all seated on the floor, a board game displayed on the carpet in the middle of their circle.

"I think we should stop playing Monopoly, now," Falco said in his pitchless voice, tone completely serious despite the small smile that graced his lips.

Next to him, Chrysis was having an intense stare-down with Pitheco, who was clutching the wad of fake paper cash in his hand. Chrysis' icy eyes carved straight into Pitheco's soul. Pitheco's hand hovered dangerously close to his katana's hilt.

Sitting criss-cross on the floor across the board from Chrysis, Harpia's baby sister, Halia, pouted. "I can't believe you didn't want me to stay with you, Chry! I thought you loved me!" Despite the platinum-blonde man's many rejections, Halia was madly in love with him, and unashamed to admit it.

Chrysis broke his gaze from Pitheco's and gave the dark-skinned young adult a disgusted glare, "You should start to believe it, you crazy!" Halia's bottom lip quivered, and Chrysis swore silently. He didn't bother to comfort the girl as a tear slipped from her cheek, but Pitheco noticed and became outraged.

"You're making Halia cry, you scum!" Pitheco growled, unsheathing his katana and leaping to his feet, brandishing his weapon in Chrysis' direction as he stood as well.

"It's her fault she can't accept the fact that I love no one." Chrysis deadpanned, his voice merciless with a heavy honesty.

"Except yourself."