IX. 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀, 𝘄𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗹𝗲𝘀

𝐕𝐈𝐀

"Holy starfish..." Nya said, before cursing under her breath at a tone I couldn't hear. With my arms around her waist, I could feel the dread and anger boil through her veins at whatever she was seeing. I peeked over her shoulder. As her elemental dragon flew us towards the Bounty, the situation came into view.

The Ninja were all in their gi's-- completely dressed for battle. They were scurrying around the deck of the ship, getting chased by two figures. One of them was big and burly, clearly suited for being a warrior, and the other was slim and flexible, more like an assassin.

The Passerine.

Clearly, they'd found me.

"This is all my fault," I muttered as Nya halted her dragon from flying any closer.

Nya glared at me from over her shoulder, and I found myself cowering under her dangerous gaze, "Don't say that. None of this is your fault. You couldn't have known that they'd attack so early," she huffed a lock of her black hair out of her face, "Guess it's a good thing we went shopping today, or else they'd already have you. We'd better-- wait, where's Cole?"
At her final words, I attempted to glance fully over her shoulder, examining the battle going on below. I only counted four Ninja-- Green, Blue, White, and Red. She was right. Cole was nowhere to be found. Nya began murmuring to herself, so quiet that I couldn't hear what she was saying, but I knew it wasn't very family friendly.

I chewed my bottom lip. Where was he? Was he okay?

The yells of Nya's teammates below made my new friend's muscles tense. Nya seemed to be at war with herself. Her emotions were split in two: she desperately wanted to rush down into battle and protect her friends and family, but she couldn't do that with me here on her 6 o'clock. The Passerines would easily snatch me back up, and I'd be left to the life that I'd just barely escaped.

"Set me down somewhere, and go help them," I suggested, but Nya wouldn't have any of it.

"No," she demanded, her voice harsh. I knew her anger wasn't directed towards me, so I didn't take it personally, "They'd find you easier that way. I just... I have to get you out--"

"THERE!" Shouted the big burly one from below, and to my horror, he was pointing into the sky-- straight at where our dragon hovered.

Nya said some not-nice words under her breath as she considered what to do next. I clenched myself tighter to Nya's torso, undoubtedly ready to put my life in her hands. Whatever happened to us, I would much rather stay with her and the Ninja than the Passerine-- even if I got a few cuts and bruises along the way.

Another pair of dragon wings appeared in the sky next to us, concealed from the warrior's view below by a thick cluster of clouds. The orange and brown dragon was a sure sign enough, but the figure clad in black on its back was a sight for sore eyes.