VIII. 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹

𝐕𝐈𝐀

When Nya said we were going shopping today, I didn't think she was actually serious.

After getting Lloyd's hesitant permission, Nya immediately hauled me behind her and summoned her elemental dragon. Screaming, I held onto Nya's waist for dear life as she sped toward the mall in downtown Ninjago City. I was still in my pajamas, but I don't think Nya seemed to notice, with how excited she was. And boy, was she excited.

With our close proximity, I could feel the excitement radiating off her body, as if all the excitement she'd ever felt in her entire life had been bottled up and then released at this exact moment.

I didn't see the big deal with shopping, really. I knew Mika did it with her daughter Izzy a lot, and that the little girl really enjoyed going to a store called Klairre's, but I doubt that was the kind of shopping Nya and I were about to do.

Nya landed her dragon a good two blocks away from the mall, so we wouldn't bring too much attention to ourselves. Dressed in a teal striped shirt, a leather jacket, ripped jeans and combat boots, Nya could easily pass for a normal Ninjago City citizen, rather than the powerful Elemental Master that she was.

"Woah! Gee, I'm sorry, Via. I just barely realized you were still in your pajamas," Nya chuckled nervously, throwing her arm over my shoulder and leading me down the crowded sidewalk toward the big, white building that had to have at least six stories.

I smiled kindly at her, "It's okay. I don't mind too much. I mean, it's better than the clothes I've been wearing my whole life."

Okay, a bit grim, but I was working on it. I wasn't used to the whole friend thing yet.

Nya didn't seem bothered by my comment. "You know, it's kind of funny coming here with a girl. I usually come with Kai."

An amused smile graced my lips, "Kai likes to go to the male?"
"Mall," Nya corrected gently, muffling a quiet laugh, "But yes. Kai loves the mall. It's not necessarily my favorite thing, but shopping is definitely fun."

I raised an eyebrow. Nya was clearly trying to cover up the fact that she enjoyed something 'girly'. It wasn't a crime to like something girly, but I knew that because she hung around a group of boys a lot, she was becoming a little more of a macho woman. I respected it, honestly.

"Will I like shopping?"

"Oh yes."

"What are we shopping for?"
"Mostly clothes, I guess. We've gotta find your color scheme, remember?"

"Is it that important?" Not that I was objecting, I just wanted to know why she was so hung up on this whole color-coordinating thing. I mean, if you live most of your life being color-coded so you can differentiate your teammates on the battlefield or whatever, it would probably make everything a little easier for you. It probably makes laundry very easy, too.