4 ✧.* 6 𝘈𝘔 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘴

▎MAY 30TH, 2032 PM 12:41:35

"I don't understand how this helps, [Y/N]..." We sat across from one another with a game of Monopoly in between us. I simply hummed and rolled the dice. Snake eyes, double roll!

As I moved my piece two spaces I answered, "Well," I picked up the dice again, "it doesn't!" Markus' LED spun yellow in confusion. I rolled once more, and got a seven and landed on Park Place. I groaned and gave Markus the multi-colored currency. He gently and carefully placed them in piles he created by color.

He picked up the dice for his turn, "Then why are we doing this?"

I threw up my jazz hands and smiled, "For fun!"

Markus tilted his head, "Fun?" He looked baffled at my answer, "But I thought we needed to run tests today."

I put my hand on my chin, "We've been doing that since the day you were activated! So, I thought we could take a break today."

He rolled the dice, a five, "'We'?" questioned as he moved his piece. I looked at him concernedly, maybe he doesn't think of it as a break. Maybe he's not enjoying the game... I should've asked him what he wanted to do... I took my hand off and rubbed my hands together nervously.

"Yeah, this is one of my favorite board games so I thought I could introduce it to you. But if you don't like the game we can do something else!" I smiled.

"I don't care what we do, [Y/N]. I'm an android after all." Markus stated. My smile flattened, seems likely breaking through the obey program is going to be harder than I thought. I created the damn thing so I thought I could be the one to crack it, however I'm realizing I may have put too much effort in it. It's not like I can deactivate it myself, I would need to make a report if I were to do anything coding wise to him.

And if I were to do it myself with no authorization, I could be caught, punished, and Markus could be-

Could be.

"Scraped..."

Markus finished moving his piece and looked up at me, "Did you say something, [Y/N]?"

I felt myself blush from slipping out my thought, "It's nothing." My mood dimmed as the thought of Markus being destroyed danced around in my head. I looked down at the board game, suddenly no aspiration to play anymore. There's no point in playing anymore really. I grabbed the box from the pure white floor and started packing up the game starting with my properties. Markus' LED went yellow for a second, "What are you doing?"

I placed my piece in the box, "Packing it up." I was too blunt saying that, however my emotions were getting the better of me.

"But- I thought-" He hesitated, his LED still shining yellow he sounded disappointed. I took note of this, Did- does Markus want to continue to play..? I felt my mood lighten and a teasing smile replaced my frown.

"Do you want to continue to play, Markus?" I tilted my head with my smile growing bigger.

His eyes darted around trying to avoid mine, "I- I..." Seems like my obedience program is weaker than I thought.

I replaced the pieces back onto the table. He doesn't need to tell me, after all I can tell he wants to. Markus watched me place the pieces back one by one, his LED went back to blue. I placed the box back on the ground as I finished. I could swear I saw a slight smile on his emotionless expression.

I giggled, "You'll regret asking me to play with you again, 'cause I'll kick your butt!"

He let out a noise, seemingly a laugh, "We'll see about that, [Y/N]."