6 ✧.* 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘴

▎NOV 6TH, 2038 AM 10:17:44

Hank, Connor, and I walked into Fowler's office with him not looking at us. Hank took a seat at one of the two chairs while Connor stood behind them. Seriously? Fowler couldn't spend a minute finding another chair... I stood next to Connor as I would feel guilt taking the seat, plus if I sat down I would probably doze off. Connor looked at me with a hint of confusion, probably as to why I am standing. I simply shrugged and took another sip of my coffee.

Fowler started our little meeting with, "I've got ten new cases involving androids on my desk everyday..." He continued staring at his desktop screen, "We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing Android maids and that kind of crap..."

I laughed a little, remembering the time an older lady reported to have lost her Android. A whole investigation of the missing Android went underway. Department thought we had a rogue deviant on our hands. Turns out the poor thing was in the basement doing her laundry. Lisa and Gavin took the case, and from what Lisa told me, Gavin looked like he was about to crush the poor Android.

"But now, we're getting reports of assaults and even homicides, like that guy last night..."

Yeah, you attempt to kill someone with a bat they're going to fight back... I mentally rolled my eyes.

"This isn't just Cyberlife's problem anymore. It's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before the shit hits the fan. I want you to lead this one, Anderson, while [L/N] acts as CSI and will help with any Android knowledge you don't know. I want you two to try and find a link."

Hank immediately shook his head, "Why me? Why do I gotta be the one to deal with this shit?" I took another sip from my coffee as now I was getting a show with it.

"I am the least qualified cop in the country to handle this case!" He leaned closer to Fowler, "I know jack shit about Androids, Jeffrey! I can barely change the settings on my own phone!"

Fowler started to get heated, "Everybody's overloaded. I think you're perfectly qualified for this type of investigation!"

Hank stood up upon hearing that, "Bullshit! The truth is nobody wants to investigate these fuckin' Androids and you left me holdin' the bag!" He turned away from Fowler and placed his hands on his hips. I looked up at Connor and he looked down at me with an emotionless expression. Come on, that had to have offended you?

Fowler calmed his tone, trying to defuse the conversation, "You'll have [L/N] to help you, along with this Android that Cyberlife sent over. It's a state-of-the-art prototype, it will act as both of your partners." Which I'm wondering how state-of-the-art.

Of course, when I came up with the concept I didn't think he would actually be here. I may have scribbled down some ideas, like how samples would work, programing foresight and how that would work. Samples were easy enough to code, but the research! Multiple sleepless nights in a row teaching myself the art of sample testing. I planned the samples to be taken from the fingers so all they had to do was sanitize their hands.

The first successful use of foresight was Markus, not to help him be a better caregiver though. I guess I wanted to have him the best chance if he ever turned deviant in an unsafe environment.

I didn't come up with Connor's design, heck I didn't even know what gender I wanted RK800 to present as. I shot a glance at Connor, Cyberlife did make him visually appealing... I blushed at the thought and looked away from him.

My mind finally focused back when Hank started to shout, "No fuckin' way!" Hank got close to Fowler and pointed at him, "I don't need a partner, and certainly not this plastic prick!"