What is that..?

After a few minutes of him trying to get up, he finally succeeded. He walked away, slowly and a bit wobbly. The pain came in waves, each time growing stronger and more painful. simply breathing, an all time task, was now a pain to do. Each breath piercing his lungs.

It took him quite a few minutes more than usual to arrive home, but in the end, he made it.

First things first, he took off his shoes and headed to his room.. Just seeing his bed would've made him fall asleep if it wasn't for the mud covering him and the pain he felt. He took some clean clothes and walked to the bathroom. He took a nice warm shower, which was quite relaxing except for the fact that the water made every wound hurt even more.. But he doesn't care now.. Yuuji just wants this to be over as quick as possible. A normally 10 minutes shower now took 5 minutes. He made sure his hair was clean and got out. He put on his clothes and brushed his teeth. He didn't bother eating, it didn't matter right now.. He treated the more severe wounds with a little rubbing alcohol and called it a day. He sloppily laid down in his bed and immediately passed out, in the comfort of his home..

.

.

The next morning, the boy woke up a little earlier than normally.. somehow. He looked over at his bedside table and picked up his phone. 5:24 AM. He sighed. It was way too early to go to school and he knew he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. So, he plugged in his headphones and started his playlist. It had some nice songs, nothing too hard core.. Just peaceful little lyrics with a good beat. Nothing could go wrong. Nothing. He ate his breakfast, his mood completely different from yesterday evening. This was his moment and nobody could ruin it. The boy then took his uniform and got dressed, making sure to go wash his old one to get rid of the dirt.. At least it wasn't ripped apart or too damaged to wear. Just after that he took some pain killers to help and made sure none of his wound had worsened.. He really should've thought this through before making a decision like that. As his favorite songs came on, he bopped his head to the beat slightly as nothing else mattered. He was happy and that was enough. He was now in his own little world, where there's only him and his music.

After getting ready, it was time to go to school. Just that thought ruined his mood that he'd been building up the whole morning. The soft smile on his face disappeared and the eye pockets he had were showing. Maybe he did need more sleep..

As Yuuji got to school, he noticed Junpei wasn't there yet.. He texted him asking if he was showing up today yet no response.. Yuuji then put his phone in his pocket and walked to class after taking his things. The bell was about to ring yet the teacher wasn't there.. As people started leaving, Yuuji stayed, scrolling on his phone at his desk, waiting patiently. After about an hour, the student then decided to leave, picking up his things and putting them in his school bag. Just as he got up, his teacher came in the class, looking for students. Seeing only Yuuji was there, he greeted him.

''Class is cancelled for the day, you can go home if you want, Yuuji.''

He smiled and left, walking out of the classroom. ''And get some rest, you look tired'' the teacher then said before locking the door behind the both of them, closing the classroom for the day. Yuuji was glad, a day off was nice.. Even if he just now returned to school.

.

.

As the student walked down the halls, he checked his phone.. Maybe Junpei finally replied. Nope, nothing. He hasn't even worked yet he was exhausted from the lack of sleep he had last night. As he went back to his locker and the out the school, his backpack got dragged away back to the side of the school.. He tried to fight back but got thrown to the floor once again.

''Don't you think it's a little early to go home?'' Asahi said, looking down at Yuuji, smiling of course. The poor student clenched his eyes shut, expecting punches to be coming his way.. But nothing. He opened his eyes slowly, only to see Asahi crouched right in front of him, taking something out of his pocket. A small wooden box.. Yuuji expected the worst, what could be in this box? He watched, scared yet curious.. Asahi then took out a.. really bad smelling finger out of the box..??

''Eat it''

what.

''I said eat it! Maybe you need some help, here you go..''

Asahi grabbed Yuuji's jaw, forcing his mouth open. Then, he smiled and put the rotting finger in his mouth. ''C'mon.. swallow. It's rude to refuse gifts'' Asahi then let go of Yuuji's jaw, letting it close, laughing.

The taste was horrible. Like a rug that has been used over and over to clean up vomit. He couldn't keep this shit in his mouth anymore. He tried spitting it out but Asahi didn't let him. So he.. swallowed the finger. 

They started throwing a few punches and kicks, of course. It took a few seconds only and the wounds from yesterday opened back up. New bruises appearing on him and the pain came flooding back. All this while he had to hold in vomit. Was it really.. a real finger? Where did he even find this?

Suddenly, Yuuji passed out. ''Was it really that bad?'' Asahi said, followed by laughter. Asahi bend down to look at the boy's face when he saw weird black markings appear on Yuuji's face. He backed away, confused. 

''Can.. Can you guys see this shit..?''

His friends frantically said yes, in shook. Then another pair of eyes opened under the pink haired boy's eyes.

''What.. is that!?''

.

.

.

( 1010 words )