On the 4th of december

'' Because i can''

Yuuji passed out again and woke up in his normal room. Looking around to see if he was still dreaming or if he was really awake. He then mumbled, asking if this was still a dream and had no response. Until he got up and heard behind him, '' Maybe, maybe not, who knows..? ''. A faint malicious laughter could be heard in the boy's mind, chills rolling down his spine. 

A few days later, Yuuji had the same routine all over, wake up, eat, listen to music, look outside for a bit, eat, spend time on his phone, read manga, eat, go to sleep and fear having a nightmare controlled by Yuuji's demon. 

He woke up one day and it was snowing outside! Staring outside excitedly like a toddler made Yuuji very happy for the day. His music playlist changed to a more Christmassy one and his whole mood completely changed. One again Yuuji looked trough the peephole and saw for the first time since his last visit, Gojo-sensei smiling, right outside Yuuji's door. He politely opened the door and welcomed the teacher in his dorm. The student had done a good job at keeping it clean and organized. They both sat down on the one and only couch present in the tiny living room.

'' Yuuji! It's been a while since we talked. Last time was exactly a month ago. I came with good news and questions. ''

''It's been a month already?''

A bit hesitant, Yuuji made sure to pay attention to Gojo.

''The good news are that from now on, you can go outside for an hour a day! You'll be accompanied by a first year student! We'll give you a certain amount of money that you can spend too''

Yuuji didn't know how to react. Was he happy? He just probably just forgot that the outside even existed since he never got to go outside anymore. He nodded slowly and then the two stared awkwardly at each other, even though the pink haired boy was really just staring into a black cloth that covered the other's eyes for unknown reasons. 

''So, how have you been, during this last month?''

''Um.. fine I guess? Days don't pass as slowly as I thought''

''Did you talk to anyone recently? You have your phone with you, correct?''

That last question made Yuuji nervous.. He can't say it was Sukuna who was his only social  interaction. So instead Yuuji told the teacher that no since his only friend outside still hasn't replied.. Which is true.. Junpei never got back in contact with Yuuji and that alone was enough to make the boy worried.. Maybe he'll try to go and speak with him during the hours he gets outside?

''Well then, I have to go now.''

Gojo got up and walked to the door, taking a pause before looking back at Yuuji.

''Oh and I almost forgot, we found 3 finger this past month. So without the ones that Jujutsu high had previously, there should be about.. 12 left out there. We'll feed them all to you at the same time, right before your execution.''

As Yuuji watched Gojo then walk out of the dorm, the urge to tell him all that's been going on is unbearable. He wants to end this suffering and simply be free of this curse that changed his whole life. 

The vessel then went on about his day normally, until he went to sleep. Lately his dreams were normal, just spending time back with his friend and grandfather. And Yuuji was grateful for that. But this time, he opened his eyes in his dream to be met with a Christmas decorated scene instead.

''What a weird holiday..''

Yuuji looked to where the same voice that he had been listening to for a month came from, seeing Sukuna, looking as disgusted as ever by the bright, colorful lights that surrounded the both of them.

''Why did you do this then, if you hate it so much?''

''I wanted to see why you like it so much. I also have to speak to you about something.''

Yuuji stayed silent, admiring the decorations as he listened to what the curse had to say. He stood in the farthest corner of the room, just as he would normally, which made the curse chuckle. It was amazing to him how scared he can make people by just being there. And so, Sukuna made Yuuji sit next to him. The boy, now as uncomfortable as ever, sat next to the curse. No matter how much time he'd spend with the king, the feeling of wanting to run away as far as he could never died.

''I'm afraid you can't hear me clearly all the way over there.''

Yuuji simply avoided eye contact as the curse began talking.

''So now, since you can leave this.. dorm. You can now get the other fingers for me.''

Oh right, the boy forgot about that detail.

''I won't be able to though.. They won't let me..''

''So give me control.''

''No way.''

Sukuna chuckled as he heard this, looking at his vessel while smiling.

''I recall that I did explain what I would do if you try to deny me, vessel.''

''I'm.. sorry''

''That's what I thought. Now, just like I said, if you can't manage to find the fingers yourself, you will give me control. I'll do it myself.''

''What will happen to the person that accompanies me?'' Yuuji asked, genuinely worried to what Sukuna planned.

''I'll kill them.''

''But.. They won't let me get out anymore if I kill someone!''

''Are you doubting me?''

Yuuji took a minutes to think, what can he say? ''Shouldn't.. we.. wait for them to collect all the fingers and then escape?''

Sukuna sighed. ''You're not really helping as you should, vessel. The plan is, you do as I say and without arguing, understood? I don't want to deal with Gojo Satoru because of your insubordination.''

''...''

A loud sigh was heard. Sukuna was frustrated. His vessel is weak yet so strong minded.

''You don't have a choice brat. It's almost time, do as I say and you'll get it easy.''

Yuuji then woke up to the beautiful view of a perfect winter day from his window.

It was 9:58 am

On the 4th of December.

( 1028 words )