𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦

December 24, 1977

December 24, 1977

Everyone had been preparing for this. The Hogwarts Yule Ball. There has rarely been any yule ball in Hogwarts. The last one was held during the last Triwizard tournament and it had been a century ago. The students at Hogwarts, mainly the ladies, finally found an excuse to dress up, dance and spike the fruit punch.

Everyone was dancing. Everyone was happy. Some lovers were having their moments. Some friends were having fun. And someone had been standing in front of the huge door of the great hall waiting for their special someone.

"Prongs! Quit standing there and start dancing with us!" Sirius Black said trying to drag his best mate with them.

"I'll join you later, Padfoot. I just...want to have some moment alone." James Potter said. Sirius narrowed his eyes at him. He knows when his brother in all but blood is lying.

"Come on! Join us! Lily Evans is actually at our table, you know! She said she wanted to talk with you."

James sighted, letting Sirius drag him. He knew Sirius wouldn't stop bothering him if he wouldn't relent so James decided to humor his best mate. Just until she gets here.

When they arrived at the table, James was greeted by the grinning Peter Pettigrew, blushing Lily Evans and Remus Lupin who had been giving him a suspicious glare.

"Hi James." Lily greeted him softly.

"Hello Lily." James replied politely.

"What? No Lily-flower or Lilypad anymore?" Lily asked with both curiosity and shock.

"Well, you hated those nicknames anyway so..." James trailer off, his head turning towards the great hall's huge door that slowly opened.

There entered the most beautiful woman in the world in James Potter's eyes. Her beautiful blonde hair curled into perfection. Her enticing cat green eyes with golden flecks. Her perfect pouty lips painted red. Her white porcelain skin. And that pale pink dress that hugged her curves perfectly.

Her eyes scanned the crowd searching for him. And the moment their eyes met, the world faded into the background. It was only James Fleamont Potter and his secret lover, Amber Ellerie Trovi. It was as if he had forgotten about his friends because he walked towards her, never breaking the eye contact. Lily Evans tried to call him and get his attention but her attempt was futile.

Everyone's eyes were on Amber. There is no doubt that she's the most beautiful lady that night. But murmurs, gasps, and whispers filled the hall when James Potter walked towards Amber Trovi.

It was like watching a fairytale unfold between their eyes . The princess smiled adoringly as the prince kissed the back of her hand, neither of them looking away from each other. And as if on que, the music started. The prince who hasn't let go of the princess's hands led her towards the dance floor. They danced and they danced and they danced. Neither spoke but their eyes held a very deep conversation. At that moment as their love finally became visible, their souls merged into one the moment their lips molded onto each other... Finally.