𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗡𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗘

"Well thank you, Mr

"Well thank you, Mr. Potter." Amber smiled warmly at him which made his heart warm. There's a certain comfort this girl gave him through her smile.

"You know me?" James asked confusely.

"With you and your friends constantly pranking my house, yes." Amber laugh which made James laugh too. "Come sit. You look quite gloomy. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Saint Amber mode activated." Remus mumbled.

"Oh Merlin! That is such a Hazza thing to do!" Kristia exclaimed.

"Yeah he would comfort people out of nowhere." Draco agreed with a teasing smirk.

James sighted and sat with her. "It's just... Lily... I... Am I that unlovable?"

Amber remembered what happened during dinner. James tried to ask Lily Evans out. This time, it wasn't a grand gesture. It was a simple, sincere and very genuine gesture. He had a bouquet of white lilies and a handwritten letter for her. But Lily Evans stomped on the bouquet, ripped the letter in front of James, poured pumpkin juice on his head and said things like, "You're just an attention seeker" , "nothing but trouble", "I will never love you" and "you are unlovable". Amber was about to help but seeing James Potter brush it off with a smile and a cheeky comment stopped her. She thought it wasn't that bad. Turns out it was.

"Oh my Jamie." Euphemia whispered. She wanted to be there and hug her little boy. James is a very loving kid and seeing him question himself like that breaks her heart.

Sirius, Peter and Remus glared at Lily. She was too harsh on James. James might be a righteous prat but he is nothing but honest with what he feels.

"Love... is complicated. It is different from each and every person, yes. But I strongly believe that everyone can be loved. No one is unlovable. Well do you want to know what I think about love?" She asked which made James nod. "Do you feel butterflies when you see her?" James nods again. "Well, mama always told me that love isn't supposed to give you butterflies. Love isn't suppose to make you feel nervous. Love isn't supposed to make you beg for acceptance. Mama said love is that warm feeling of embrace that gives you both comfort and assurance. Love is that fuel that would make you feel confident, strong, dauntless and powerful. Because love is the greatest power that you can have, not something that can weaken you. So let me ask you, James Potter. Are you sure that is love that you are feeling?"

"That's pretty deep, sister." Kaizak nudged her sister.

"Oh do zip your mouth baby daddy. I'm not done with you." Amber glared at her brother.

Amalia looked at her children with a smile. It touches her heart how her daughter held onto the lessons she taught her. As a mother, it made her feel some kind of fulfillment.

This made James wonder. Did he really loved Lily Evans or was he just chasing her for a yes? With Lily, he always felt as if he had to adjust and change himself to fit Lily's ideal type. He couldn't be himself because he's afraid Lily wouldn't like him. Lily wanted a different person so he's doing everything he can to be that different person she wants.