𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

The scene shifted into a dark forest

The scene shifted into a dark forest. It focused on the silhouette of a woman running barefooted. It can also be seen that she's carrying two children with her.

"What's happening?" A confused first year asked.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Amaia said with a blank expression. Amber didn't know if it was her maternal instinct but she can see the sadness behind her daughter's eyes.

The woman panted as she hid behind a huge tree, clutching the sleeping infants, almost toddlers, closer to her chest. The visibly huge moon in the night skies gave a little light that showed the face of an exhausted Loranthea. She looks more mature and very exhausted. Tears streamed from her eyes as she peaked down the children in her arms.

Amaia and Harry Potter, sleeping soundly, oblivious to the tragedy that happened that night. They might have exhausted themselves from crying loudly a few hours ago. Loranthea couldn't stop the sobs escaping her mouth.

"I've failed. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry that I failed. I..." She whispered to herself as she broke down.

Kaizak pulled his lover towards him closer. Nobody knew why Loranthea was crying. Everybody was holding their breath with both curiosity and concern.

"Young master Harry, young mistress Amaia, I have sworn to protect you and I will never fail, not this time."

"Oh my Merlin! My babies...why are they with Lora?" Amber's blood ran cold as the realization hit her.

"Calm down, darling. You have always told me how much you trust your Lora. They're with someone you trust." James consoled her distressed girlfriend.

"No James. Can't you see? Lora's running away from someone or something with our children in arms. Where are we? Who's running after them? Wh--" Amber panicked. Harry and Amaia held their mother's hands to reassure her.

"We're here, mum..." Harry reminded Amber.

"We're safe." Amaia said, squeezing her mother's hand, which Amber squeezed back feeling calmer than before.

Loranthea then drew a huge pentagram made of ancient runes and placed the sleeping twins in the inverted pentagon in the middle of the star. She then began to chant.

"Earth, wind, water, fire,
I plead to thee, my one desire,
Protect this children from the enemy,
As I cast, so mote it be."

She repeated the chant three times, each time louder than the last. The runes that foremed the pentagram glowed as strong wind appeared out of nowhere. The moonlight seems to magically shift towards the direction of the twins.

Loranthea can feel her magic draining and her body getting more and more lethargic. She felt someone come at her from behind but she was too slow to react. She wasn't able to avoid the sword that was pierced from her back through her heart, yet a smile was etched on her face knowing that her ritual was a success. An explosion of bright light covered the whole forest.