three | summer storm

[trigger warning: mentions of sexual harassment/assault]

THAT NIGHT CARLY RETURNED home to find herself alone. Finding the spare key, she let herself inside to find a note on the kitchen side: her parents were out till late, Max was at a sleepover, and Billy's whereabouts were unknown.

So, Carly changed into her silky pyjamas before making herself some dinner. Even though there was no one home, Carly was still on edge, feeling like she shouldn't be in the house alone.

At the dinner table, Carly kept her sketchbook open as she ate. Once again, she was focused on the drawing of Billy, entranced by it without a clue as to why. There was a frown on her face, eyebrows furrowing in frustration.

On the table, Carly's eyes spotted a pair of shades that had been left by Billy, likely forgotten before his lifeguard shift. Carly sighed, torn with the urge to pick up the glasses, wondering if her power might help her fill in the missing blanks.

Curiosity got the best of Carly as she wrapped her fingers around the sunglasses, already feeling the pull of her power. As her irises rolled upwards, the darkness took over, transporting Carly into her step-brother's mind.

There was the empty black void as Carly stepped within Billy's mind, sensing that it was guarded. An eerie, cold feeling hung in the air, pricking at Carly's skin as she stepped into the darkness.

Her eyes found Billy's silhouette, spotting him in a vest that matched the darkness of his mind. The car had joined them in the void too, where Billy was stood at the bonnet with his hands on the latch to open the back.

Carly moved closer, sensing something strange was happening. Billy had paused in his effort to open the boot of his car; his body had tightened, becoming wary as if he was being watched.

Then, suddenly, his head turned, dark eyes falling on Carly.

Knowing he could see her, Carly gasped, shrinking backwards a couple of steps.

That never happened.

Billy smirked — this one far more sinister and twisted.

"I see you," said Billy.

Freaking out, Carly returned back to her own body as the cutlery on her dinner plate cluttered as she had forgotten her whereabouts. Having quickly stood, Carly sought to flee but didn't know where to go.

A shaky hand rose, wiping the blood away from her nose as her heart pounded.

There was something going on — something that Carly could clearly see and feel, but she was still clueless as to what it was.

With the fear thick within her lungs, Carly panicked as she didn't have a clue what to do. If Billy came back...

...fearing that, Carly hurried to Max's bedroom. From her backpack, Carly tore through the contents of her bag as she searched for the slip of paper that Steve had given her. Then, Carly hurried back to the living room, dialling Steve Harrington's phone in the hope that he would pick up.