six | drugged up

✺

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND, YOU'VE seen this before?" Robin questioned Steve and Dustin as the group hurried down the stairs more frantic to leave this time.

"Where have you seen this?" Carly demanded.

"Not exactly," said Steve.

"Then what, exactly?" Robin pushed.

"All you need to know is it's bad," Dustin explained.

"It's really bad," Steve added.

"Like, end of the human race as we know it kind of bad."

"And you know about this how?" Robin questioned.

"Um, Steve," cut in Erica. "Where's your Russian friend?"

Carly's eyes fell to the spot where the guard had been, noticing that he was gone. Above them, an alarm started blaring, alerting them to how screwed they were.

"Shit," Steve panicked, opening the door to see the guards hurrying. They spotted Steve as he was quick to shut the door. "Shit."

"What do we do?" Carly cried out.

"Go, go, go, go," repeated Steve, encouraging them to go back through the other door again.

"Shit," said Dustin.

"Move! Let's move!"

They were quick to hurry through the corridors as Carly's heart thundered, keeping up with the other four. Even with them running, they knew the reality was that they wouldn't get out — not unless a miracle struck with them finding a way back up and out.

As they hurried through a door, Dustin was quick to come to a halt. They had been caught by the scientist within the room that was experimenting with the crack in the wall, doing whatever they were doing.

There were a few more curses from Steve, followed by him motivating the group to keep moving, but they knew it themselves.

Behind them, there were yells in Russian with the guards coming through. They ended up on the balcony, pushing past the men in the hazmat suit with the machine still whirling next to them. Abrupt, the group came to a stop, nearing the edge with the whitish-blue beam blocking them.

"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!"

The words were repeated and even Carly was screaming.

"Guards! Go!"

"This way!" Steve shouted.

Turning, there was a stairwell that headed down and away from the machine. Steve pushed a guard down the stairs, giving them the freeway to rush past. Things escalated with the guards closing in on them, where Steve knocked another one with the cylinder containers.