seven | confessions

✺

THE LIFT REACHED IT'S HIGHEST point with the three drugged teenagers stumbling through the doors. Up front, Dustin and Erica led the group, most likely frustrated with them.

"Oh my God, that tastes so good!" Robin exclaimed. "Can you taste the air?"

Looking up to the dark sky, Carly's mouth opened as she felt the little prickles of the air.

"I taste it! I taste it!"

"I can taste stars!" Carly announced.

"Woah," said Robin and Steve together.

"Shit! Come on! Come on!"

The three were oblivious to the gates that had opened, revealing two guards with guns. There was a commotion with the two children ushering the teenagers through a door.

"Why are we running?" Steve questioned.

Robin and Carly started to giggle in response as Dustin was quick to close the door behind them. They were trying to be fast as they snuck their way through the back of Starcourt Mall, unknowing where they were heading.

"Where are we going?" Erica demanded.

"Just trust me," Dustin insisted.

Dustin was first to open the door into the shopping centre as his head twisted, checking to make sure it was clear for them to leave.

"All clear," Dustin confirmed.

Following Dustin, the five entered the movie theatre with Carly perking up.

"Oh, let's see Ronnie!" Carly decided.

"No, let's go in here first," Dustin suggested. "You can see Ronnie after."

"Okay," said Carly, curious about where they were going.

As they moved closer to the sounds coming from the theatre screen, Steve helped himself to a bucket of popcorn. On the screen, Back to the Future was playing as the group moved further into the picture house, heading down to the front.

"You three, sit," Dustin ordered.

"No, no, no," Steve complained. "These seats are too close!"

However, the three sat down with Steve being in the middle of the two.

"Dude, these seats blow," Steve told him.

"Really blow," Carly added.

"Then don't watch the movie," Dustin argued.

"We wanna watch it," Robin decided.

"Then watch it!" Dustin shouted.

Dustin was hushed by a man behind them with Carly joining in, holding up a finger to her mouth, keeping her eyes on Dustin, who looked fed up.