✰ Finale ✰

August 10, 2001

Now Playing:
'My Girl'
The Temptations
|───⊙───────────|

A loud beeping fills my ears, I groan and sit up, letting the covers fall to my lap.

I flip scoot over so my feet are dangling off my bed. I let out a soft yawn before getting out of bed.

I take a quick sip of the sour water that sits in a cup next to the bed. I flinch at the weird taste it left in my mouth.

I walk around the bed and to my boyfriend. I lightly shake him awake "Mike, Mike you gotta get up"

A groan escapes his lips as he turns, his back facing me. I roll my eyes at his actions before shaking him again "Mike"

He rubs his eyes and gets up, I smile, feeling accomplished since I finally woke him up. "Good morning, my love" I say to him, leaving a sweet kiss on his cheek.

"Mornin" He yawns, getting a shirt out of the closet and throwing it over his bare chest.

He takes my hand and leads us to the kitchen. "What's for breakfast?" I ask him "It can't be big, remember"

"Huh?"

I tilt my head at his response "What do you mean" I say to him, toasting some waffles for the both of us while he sits at the island stools.

"What's going on today?" He says, resting his face on his palms. I sweetly smile at him while I wait for the waffles.

"We're starting college," I start "We hafta get our stuff ready for our dorms"

"Oh" He thinks "Oh yeah, college" He finally remembers.

Mike moved in last year, which was our senior year of high school . Senior year was really boring, the only good memory I made then was prom.

I enjoyed that Mike didn't make a huge banner and trumpets when he asked me, he brought me to a very nice lake with a lovely view.

We're now adults, he's 20 and I'm 19. We both applied to a college in Los Angeles, hoping to make it together.

Lucky, we did, we were both thrilled when we read the letter.

Mady, on the other hand, was devastated. She hated thinking about me moving away, far from Utah.

Michael was here to help me get through it though, of course I was sad, she was the only friend who stuck with me through Elementary, Middle, and high school.

Still, Michael was sad he would have to leave his friends. Although, Simon will also be attending collage with us.

The rest of the group will also be coming with, but not collage. Fredrick and Mark decided to start lives together, yes, they're dating now.

Hurray.

A honk approaches our apartment, signaling it's time to go. I sigh and finish eating the waffles before going and getting the suitcases

We only had two suitcases, one with our clothes, and one with other important needs.

"You ready, love?" Michael asks, wrapping his arm around my shoulder while my wraps around his waist.

"I think" I say, looking back at the apartment after we exit the small building. Small flashbacks flood through my mind as I remember all the memories I made here.

~

'I run around my apartment, looking for the necklace Mike gave me "Shit, where'd it go?" I curse. Finally, I check up and see the necklace on the light "How'd it get there?" I ask out loud, even though I know I won't get an answer. I jump up to get it, but I miss by a mile. I stand on the arm of the couch, but I still miss it. I then feel a pair of arms lifting me up, I let out a screech "Ah! Put me down!" I kick my legs, laughing but also yelling at the action. "No thanks, just grab the necklace" Mike says. I huff and grab the necklace. Mike brings me down and puts the necklace back on me. "How'd that get there" Mike says. I shrug before bringing him into a sweet kiss'

~

"Baby, let's go" Mike says, removing his arm from my shoulder and grabbing my hand, bringing me to the taxi.

We open the trunk and place the luggage in the back, before sitting down in the back of the car "The airport, please" I say.

Michael sat in the front, next to the driver. The driver nods and starts the car, stepping her foot on the peddle, the car finally moving.

We make it to the airport just in time for our flight. We're supposed to meet up with Simon and the others but they said that they're already on the plane.

So now we're going through security. Annoyed at all the lines, Mike brings out his teenage self again and cuts the whole thing.

With his luck, nobody noticed. I chuckle and go up to the open booth "ID please" The guy asks, holding out his hand.

We hand him the ID and then the tickets, he nods and lets us pass "Skipping lines again, Afton?" I say, pushing him on the shoulder.

"I guess you could say that" He mumbles, still enough for me to hear what he's saying. "Are you excited?"

I think for a moment, not knowing the answer to it "A little, I'll miss home though"

Mike nods, placing the suitcases in the security thing "Same" I smile and take his hand.

I bring him to our gate, we give the lady our tickets and then we walk in the tunnel and into the plane.

We find our seats, and sit down. After a lot of convincing, I was able to get window seat. I sit back and put my headphones on and play some music.

The plane takes off and I get ready for turbulence and Emmy ears hurting.

-

About halfway through the flight, my eyes begin to get heavy, my head falls to the sit and rests on Mikes shoulder.

He plants a kiss on my forehead and begins to rub shapes on my sides. This gets me tired, so I close my eyes and fall asleep.

"Thank you, for flying with Southwest Airlines" the flight attendant says, speaking with joy.

Me and Mike both make our way to the exit, waiting for Simon and the others.

Finally, we see them. They run up to us and pay our shoulder "Yo guys! How was the flight" Mike asks, patting their shoulders back.

"You grew fucking muscles, Mikey boy" Simon says, poking his arms.

Mike seats his hand away and I chuckle at their little act.

"Let's get going, shall we?" Mike says.

We all agree and go to get our luggage. Once we got it, we stepped outside. "Okay, we all have dorms?" Fredrick asks.

Everyone nods "then we're set, let's go get a taxi" Mark speaks, is all following him.

So this is LA, it's nice. I like it.

~
'You and I' ~ Finale
Stay tuned for the sequel!