Worst Day Ever

Back at the house, Hen was cooking something while I sat at the island. Buck reached into the skillet and grabbed some for himself.

H: "Uh, really? If you want some, just ask."

B: "I'm good. I already ate."

H: "You still owe me 20 bucks, Buck. Don't think I'ma forget."

B: "For what?"

H: "For the damn cookie bouquet that I delivered to Chimney. The one with the 'get well' card that I personally watched you sign."

"Tell me you didn't eat it," 

He quickly changed the subject, focusing on my father. "He's doing it again."

H: "What? Eating dinner?"

I looked in dad's direction, he was sitting alone away from us, facing the wall.

B: "Staring into that book. Come on, you must have a line on the gossip around here. What is it? Why-why is he so obsessed with it?"

H: "Mm-mm. All I'm gonna tell you about that book is to stay the hell away from it. Trust me. I made that mistake three months into working here."

B: "What about you, you're his daughter. You should know."

"I-" I through my hands up.

Truthfully, I didn't know what was in the book, but I had an idea.

"So you're saying no one here knows what he writes in it." He regained his usual cocky look, "Well, watch this."

"Buck, don't."

H: "When he pops you in that pretty face, just make sure it's on the side that's already got a mark."

He strutted over to dad, we couldn't hear what they were saying but I was anticipating a left hook to be thrown. Dad walked away, Buck on his heels. Dad spun around, Buck saying something and then,

D: "You read my book!?"

Before he could even try to defend himself, dad picked him up and pinned him against the wall.

"Woah, hey! Knock it the hell off!" I rushed to them, trying to pull him off.

His voice was filled with fury. "Don't ever do that again." He dropped him and walked away.

I put my hand on Buck's shoulder. "You okay?"

He nodded, obviously very confused. Just then, the house alarm went off, signaling us to drop our personal shit and run to the rescue.

The speakers revealed that we were about to rush to a plane crash, something no one ever wants to respond to. 

---

We stared at the wreckage,

B: "You guys ever seen something like this before?"

"Only on tv..."

We ran towards the sinking plane and met up with the groups of rescue teams that had already arrived.

D: "Captain Nash. Who's got incident command?"

Wally, a coast guard officer: "You do now, Captain. It's looks like the plane split in two on impact."

D: "Alright, I'm gonna need you to be my point man on the beach. Alright, Hen, I need you to check on the Coast Guard chopper. And Kym, I need you to check with the dive team, alright?"

I nodded and ran to meet with them, running back to repeat the information.

"We've got about 20."

D: "Alright, let's head out."