Full Moon (Creep AF)

"It's a fact. Gravity is heavier during full moons; scientists have proven it." Buck said, grabbing the backboard.

D: "You read this in a peer-reviewed scientific publication?"

B: "Uh, I don't know, is the internet considered a 'scientific publication'?"

"No, Buck. It is not."

B: "Oh." 

D: "Buck, the idea that the moon causes odd behavior and happenings goes back to the first century. It's folklore, magical thinking."

B: "Fine, don't believe. What about you, Kym?" 

"Oh, uh, I'm not really sure. Lot of weird things have happened on every other moon, and sometimes nothing happens on a full. It's a toss up." I shrugged, pressing the 4th button on the elevator. 

When it opened, a woman met us in the hallway. "Oh, good, you're here. She's this way." She started walking down the hall. "Jackie's six months pregnant. She's new. This class is only open to moms who are at least 26 weeks. I warn them about overexerting themselves." She opened the door to her yoga studio. "And behold, the Salabhasana."

A group of pregnant women were huddled around one who was stuck in a yoga position. 

"Yeah, Locus Pose." Buck said simply. "I've dated, like, 50 yoga instructors."

Dad said nothing and started towards the women. "Can you guys please clear out so we can get in there."

"Ladies, back to your mats." The instructor called.

D: "Thank you, thank you."

"Ugh, I can't move." Jackie cried. "Everything hurts. The baby, is he okay?"

"We're going to check on him right now, okay? I'm just going to feel your stomach." After a second, I took my hand from her belly. "There's no trauma to the abdomen."

"Vitals seem normal." Buck reported. "Fetal heartbeat's normal."

D: "Okay, good." 

J: "Is the baby okay?"

D: "Your baby is fine."

J: "Oh, he's not mine. I'm a surrogate."

D: "Listen, can you tell me where you're feeling your pain? Is it localized in your back, your arms, your legs?"

J: "Arms and legs, but it's-it's the worst in my butt and down my thigh and calf."

D: "Okay, I think you slipped a disc." 

"She needs to get on her side. Buck support her head. Very gently we're gonna come towards me." 

We began to roll her, another woman shouting out in pain.

"I'm gonna check that out, you two take care of this." I jumped up and walked over to the woman. 

"I think I'm having contractions." She panted.

"Okay, how far along are you?"

"38 weeks."

"38... Okay, so just keep breathing  with your contractions. Nice and easy. What's your name?"

"Beth."

"Hi, Beth. I'm Kymberly."

"Hi."

I turned to one of the women behind her. "Can you grab me a cup of water for her?"

She nodded and got up.

B: "Am I in labor?"

"I think it's Braxton Hicks, so just a soft labor."