Chapter 1

A few months had passed ever since the two heroes, Madeleine Cookie and Milk Cookie, had ventured out to find the sacred relic the council so desired, yet, there haven't been any news of them since then. It was, quite frankly, worrying. Not just for the council members, but the cookies who inhabit the city!
It's been a little difficult trying to fend the city from monsters. Even with all of the guards, having the two cookies by their side always made battles much easier than usual.
But nonetheless, despite the hardship, the city of Parfaedia was still standing just fine, thankfully.

It is still safe, safe enough for the cookies in the city to roam around without much thought. Speaking of which, a certain cookie was roaming around in the more empty side of the city where the park stays. Who was this cookie exactly? Well, it was no other than Espresso Cookie.

It was a nice, sunny day; blueberry birds were flying and chirping, while the leaves on the trees lightly flowed in the wind.

Espresso Cookie was walking down the stoned trail, slightly observing his surroundings while he carried around some books in his hands. He wasn't all that interested in nature, but today just seemed so nice, so might as well take advantage of that, right?

Walking... walking... walking, the silence in the city was... uncanny to the point it was disturbing Espresso a bit. Nonetheless, he shrugged it off. The professor eventually approached an empty bench and sat down on it, opening one of the books.

From then on, the professor was silently reading his books. He was always such a fast reader: already, Espresso was able to get through the entirety of the thickest book in a little over an hour. Since the book had no use to him anymore, Espresso Cookie put the book down next to him and picked up another book he brought along, just for this occasion, and opened it.

Before he could even start reading it, Espresso perked up at the sound of a familiar voice.

VOICE: "Oh! Hello, Espresso!" A cheery, feminine voice spoke up.

Already, a rush of contempt coursed through Espresso as he narrowed his eye and slightly closed his book. A slight annoyance was present on his face. Morning. Ruined.

ESPRESSO COOKIE: "It's nice to meet you on this sunny day, Latte Cookie." He looked to his right, seeing Latte standing right next to him, greeting the fellow professor with a bright smile. Honestly, that spooked him a bit. The sudden appearance that is.

LATTE COOKIE, chuckling: "Sorry about that; I didn't expect to scare you! Mind if I sit next to you?"

Espresso Cookie glared at Latte Cookie, still having his eye narrowed. He really, really didn't want anyone, especially Latte, sitting next to him. Why would he want to be near a...light magic user...?

ESPRESSO COOKIE, blatantly: "Yes, yes I do mind."

This caused Latte to be a bit taken back, but normal Espresso Cookie behavior. Regardless, she respected his answer.

LATTE COOKIE, frowning: "Well... if you say so." She moved her spoon staff to her right hand just so she has a better view of the fellow cookie. Didn't take long at all to notice that he was reading some books... outside?

LATTE COOKIE: "Oh! Didn't know you liked reading books outside!"

Espresso blinked. He didn't think this was a big deal, not at all.

ESPRESSO COOKIE: "No, but since it was a nice day, I thought it was a good idea to."

Aw, that's a little cute. Latte couldn't help but have a big smile on her face.

LATTE COOKIE: "What a wonderful idea! Is it better than reading in your office?"