Chapter 4

Almond Cookie was bolting down the hallway as the screaming continued, but it was getting quieter and, seemingly, weaker with each one. He was carrying Walnut on his back so that they can get there faster--plus, it would be easier on her little legs anyways.

By the time they got to the source, Almond halted, and immediately a shocked look formed on his face while he stood still like a statue. He was completely silent as the sound of crunching and snapping could be heard.
Confused, Walnut Cookie tried to get a glimpse, only for her vision to get completely blocked by Almond's hand as he covered her eyes.

They found the creature they were looking for: Madeleine Cookie, but... he was with a student. The student was mangled and mutilated as if all of his limbs got bitten off, and strawberry jam was leaking out from all of the bitten off limbs. The student's breathing was shallow, and they were slipping in and out of consciousness due to the amount of jam loss.
The culprit of such a gorey mess, Madeleine Cookie, was holding down the student with his right arm, while he was munching down on the student's body like some ravenous animal.

Madeleine Cookie looked awful. His appearance was filthy: his previously sleek and glorious hair was unkept with numerous flyaways, his armor was filled with dents, his glove were ripped, and his eyes looked as if there was zero thought behind them as if he was led by only instincts.
While he was eating the student, the strawberry jam that had been slowly leaking out from what remains of the left arm started to bubble up. It expanded out and bubbled more, and more, until the bubbles formed themselves into a new arm. This arm was completely different from Madeleine's original left arm: it was a sort of dark blue, with a lighter blue gradient to it; inside the arm were floating stars and sprinkles as if they were encased in some of liquid; and the hand had four sharp claws extruding out of it, ready to slash into anything and cause some considerable damage.

ALMOND COOKIE: "You--You..." It was hard to even get a word out after witnessing such a sight. He took a step back as a bit of sweat dripped down his face.

Upon hearing Almond's voice, Madeleine's attention immediately snapped over to him and stopped eating. He stared at the shocked detective while he crawled a little over to him. The paladin reached his shaky, normal hand over to Almond and started speaking.

MADELEINE COOKIE: "Alllmoond..." His voice was weak and quiet. Right after he finished speaking, the bottom of his mouth started to bubble up, but it seemed as if he was trying to resist it. "Hel--Help, plleease..."

WALNUT COOKIE: "Huh? Is that Madeleine Cookie?"

Almond Cookie was still silent. He was trying his best to figure what one should do in this situation; this case was nothing he had ever seen before. A monstrous cookie that, at the same time, is someone he knew? But, also, at the same time, he has a job to do.

Madeleine desperately tried to keep himself together. His chest was heaving as a bit of clear slime leaked out from the side of his mouth. The bubbling was constantly intensifying and abating with every attempt Madeleine Cookie made, it was like he was holding back a vomit.

MADELEINE COOKIE: "Pl-Please..."

ALMOND COOKIE, taking out his handcuffs: "You have the right to remain silent!"

A pair of handcuffs formed around Madeleine Cookie, trapping him in a link of Almond Cookie's skill: Almonds Handcuffs; thus, apprehending the monstrous paladin, and even hurting him.

MADELEINE COOKIE: "Ow!! N-No!! Let... me go...!"

ALMOND COOKIE, his voice booming with anger: "You will no longer harm any more of my students nor the professors, you hideous fiend! You're heading to the slammer until further notice!"

Almond Cookie reached out for Madeleine, only to be scratched by the paladin with his new, magical arm.
Quickly, the detective backed away and fell onto the floor, curled up. He groaned in pain as he held his stomach. There was a huge scratch mark that ranged, diagonally, from his right arm all the way down his stomach. It was a lot of pain to deal with, and Almond was losing quite a fair bit of jam.

ALMOND COOKIE, weakly: "Damn... Damn you...!"

MADELEINE COOKIE: "I--I..."

With Almond weakened, the handcuffs that were apprehending Madeleine Cookie fell to the ground; thus, setting Madeleine free.
Although Almond was still covering her eyes, Walnut could tell that something wasn't going right. She broke away from both Almond and his hand, and got onto the battlefield.

ALMOND COOKIE: "Wait...! Walnut, no!!"

WALNUT COOKIE: "Stop right there, crim-- Huh--Huh...?"

Walnut stood still as she saw the gorey crime scene that was laying right in front of her. She didn't know what to say or do, except trying her best to understand what she was seeing. All she could understand was there was a mangled student, and the one standing right behind them was no other than Madeleine Cookie, glaring down at her.

Taking this chance to escape, Madeleine Cookie scurried off into the nearest vent.
Almond quickly crawled over to Walnut and covered her eyes once again and pulled her away into a hug.

ALMOND COOKIE, panicked while stroking the back of her head: "Sweetie, don't look at it!"

Almond, using his other hand, took out his walkie-talkie and spoke into it.

ALMOND COOKIE: "Emergency at the Parfaedia Institute! I need backup this instant!"