Chapter 4

"Why are you still here?"

Thyme simply lifts his eyes from his phone and gives Kavin a look before going back to playing whatever mobile game he was busying himself with.

"Thyme,  seriously. You can't hang around here."

"I am not going back to my bugged gallery."

"Then go home."

"What if they're waiting inside my apartment? It would be the perfect chance to cut open my stomach and fish for the USB."

"You have a wild imagination."

"You are a terrible detective."

"I am not!"

"Detectives protect people! You are letting me get disemboweled."

Kavin puts his face in his hands. "Why did you have to swallow the USB?"

"Why did you let me?"

"Let you?! In all the years we've known each other when have you ever listened to me?" Kavin says this a little too loudly and sure enough it attracts attention, they hear footsteps approach.

Deputy Chief Fong Thanawat enters Kavin's cubicle, brows furrowed, lips in a tight line.

"Sir!" Kavin stands up straight, inwardly grimacing as Thyme continues playing his mobile game.

"What is going on here?"

"Sir, I can - "

"Why is there someone in your office, Kavin? This is against policy. If you are interviewing a perp, we have proper rooms for that. We cannot be breaking laws - "

"He's not a suspect Sir," Kavin answers, still trying to find the words to explain the situation.

"Then who the hell do you have in your office?"

"I'm his boyfriend."

Fong and Kavin freeze

Fong and Kavin freeze. They turn their heads towards Thyme who was now standing straight, arms crossed, a mix of boredom and arrogance displayed on his face.

"You're not my boyfriend!," Kavin stammers, once his shock wears off.

Thyme smirks. "Vin Babe, it's 2022. I am sure it's not an issue with your boss."

Kavin closes his eyes in frustration. What the hell was Thyme doing?!

Fong nods. "Uh well, yes. I don't have problems with boyfriends. My husband can vouch for that."

Thyme smiles wider. "See, babe?"

"We aren't boyfriends..." Kavin's usually crescent eyes were bulging bigger now, threatening Thyme to cut it out. But of course Thyme wasn't going to.

"Not even after we spent the night crying in each other's arms, your lips- "

"Shut up!"

Thyme stops talking but there was an evil grin on his lips.

Fong sighs. Why was being a police chief so much like being a high school homeroom teacher? 

"Boys!," he says in the deep monotone that got even army generals to pay him attention. Kavin and Thyme involuntarily straighten up. Good. The voice still works.
"As nice it is to meet your boyfriend, officer Kittiyangkul and as cute as it is to witness the two of you bickering - this is not a place for dates."

Kavin turns to Thyme. "You heard the Chief. You have to leave. Now."

Thyme smiles his smug smile. "I can't stay here? Even if my full name is Akira Paramaanantra?"

Chief Fong eyes Thyme with new interest. "As in the Gallery?"

"As in, I own it. Kavin here tells me it's crucial to your case."

"So you are here as a resource more than his boyfriend?"

Kavin doesn't even get to answer. The Chief and Thyme were suddenly busy talking. He tries to butt into the conversation but is actively being ignored by his boss and his fucking turd of a friend. He hopes that USB gives Thyme a stomachache.

Finally, someone notices Kavin. Fong turns to him. "Good work Kittiyangkul. Your boyfriend's connections to the art world would be a good way to infiltrate the Russians. Draw up a plan and let's discuss it with the team tomorrow."

Good work? Did Fong Thanawat just praise him? Kavin's head is spinning. "Sure thing Sir," is all he is able to eke out.

"Alright. But still this is not the place to discuss such a sensitive case. You should transfer to a conference room or somewhere private like your houses."

"We suspect my apartment and gallery have been bugged," Thyme interjects, enjoying getting his way.

"I am sure you can room with Kavin in the meantime, you are in a relationship. Kavin, we should schedule a sweep of Mr. Paramaanantra's property."

Room with Thyme?! "Uh, yes sir. Of course. We will sweep for bugs ASAP."

Fong gives a terse nod. "Get going sons."

"Nice to meet you Chief Fong. We should get together soon."

"We could arrange a double date," Fong says, the smallest of smiles on his serious face. "First has been wanting to show off his new dinnerware."

Before Thyme could say anything else, Kavin grabs his wrist and drags him out of the precinct.

How howww is any of this happening to me?

- - -
Author's Note:
Shorter note! I promise.
I hope this is making sense so far.

If anyone is wondering what the hell is the trope of this fanfic then the picture below is my answer.

Well, that and fake dating

Well, that and fake dating. 😜 See the mess I got myself in?

Thank you for reading!