Chapter 12

Olga licks the side of her lip.

Metallic and salty - blood never tasted good but it felt good on her skin and on her tongue.

She lets go of the baseball bat in her hand, one of her minions catches it before it falls on the floor.

She looks at the man whimpering beside what she supposed was a corpse - or a soon to be corpse.

"Shut up," she says quietly.

The man covers his mouth with his hands, desperately trying to muffle his emotions and his voice.

"Fail me again and you will suffer more than your insipid brother. Do you understand?"

The man nods his head vigorously.

"Good. Now, find my drugs and bring it back here in 24 hours."

"But -"

"Is shut up not clear? Two million worth of cocaine - bring me my drugs or my money. Either will do."

The man nods his head vigorously.

"Boys, clean up here. I am needed upstairs."

Olga closes the basement door and presses a button that conceals it behind a wall. She stretches her neck as she ponders her next move. She was two million short in cash, even if she takes in account the money from the upcoming auction. It's not that she didn't have more money but rerouting them without alerting the authorities would be a problem.

Motherfucking men. Can't even do a drug run correctly.

She looks at her phone. The guests are en route. She has to deal with this later.

Now, it was time to break out her new shoes and - just to be sure- her new gun.

- - -

Olga sipped on her champagne, her practiced megawatt smile never leaving her pretty face.

Around her several guests were having fun and although she seemed to be equally invested in all of them, she was focused on the guests of honor - Thyme Paramaanantra and Kavin Kittiyangkul

Around her several guests were having fun and although she seemed to be equally invested in all of them, she was focused on the guests of honor - Thyme Paramaanantra and Kavin Kittiyangkul. Of course their phones have already been cloned and her security have surreptitiously checked them for wires and so far so good.

The stories check out and there was undeniable chemistry there - an attraction no one can practice or force. It was sweet as well how they'd find the flimsiest excuses to touch each other. A piece of food one gently picks off the other's chest. A hand softly landing on the small of the other's back. Laughing so hard one's head leans on the other's shoulder. Arms and shoulders that seemed to keep bumping into each other despite how spacious the dining table was.

Olga almost believed Thyme and Kavin were the couple they were saying they were.

Almost.

She didn't get where she was without reading people well. And sure - admiration , attraction, chemistry sell the relationship displayed before her. But there was one more emotion she was sensing : yearning.

And that was niggling at Olga.
Why would a couple who has been together for months, live together, and have all those photos of kissing each other all over the world still yearn for each other? Why would there be an intense longing? Or a held back desire? It was curious.

She studies her fingernails. Perhaps she won't be shooting Kavin's pretty head tonight but she might still need to one of these days. What a shame, he had a very handsome head.

Her thoughts are interrupted by Lee Sueng's hand squeezing her arm. He beckons to her to join her on the dance floor. She smiles at him and gestures that she will follow in a bit.

Her little dinner party was in full swing. Twenty people all seemed to be having fun, none of them the wiser of the blood and guts currently being power washed in the room beneath their feet.
It would be a waste if Olga couldn't join in.

One last thing before she forgot about work for the night. She pours a new glass of champagne and refills her own glass. As she does so, she very quickly releases a fine powder into the new glass.

She turns to Kavin who is currently alone as Thyme has been whisked away by some person or the other.

She hands him the champagne. "Let's toast?," she beams.

Kavin accepts the glass and nods. His smile was just as big and just as charming. There was no trace of law enforcement on him tonight. He looked every bit the billionaire's carefree flirty son- from his gelled hair, to his designer clothes to his half a million baht watch. "What are we toasting to?"

New friendships and new romance

New friendships and new romance. To you and Thyme."

Kavin pretends to be honored as they clink their glasses together.

"Bottoms up!"

The two down their glasses as if drinking water and not a thousand dollar Krug Grande.

At once, Kavin feels a dull ache at the base of his skull. His tongue also feels a bit too big for his own mouth. Kavin isn't panicking just yet. This wasn't poison or anything lethal - if it were he'd already be dead or in excruciating pain.

His guess was this was a version of truth serum. One that tricked you into thinking you were just drunk. Kavin readies himself, he had a hundred lies about his work so ingrained in him that he was confident no chemical could bypass.

But Olga's question completely blind sides Kavin.

"I'm curious. Are you in love with Thyme?"

The words tumble out of his mouth readily like they have been waiting for escape for so long. Kavin could only watch himself answer :

"Yes. I have always been in love with him."

"Always? But didn't you help him propose to his ex girlfriend?"

"Yes."

Olga pushes a baby pickle into her mouth. How interesting. "Why did you really leave Bangkok?"

Kavin had an answer for this. He did. All he had to do was override the compulsion to say anything but his rehearsed lie. But the truth burst out of him too fast.
"When Thyme took me with him to buy a ring for someone else, I realized I had been lying to myself. I needed to go."

Olga sees Thyme was walking back to their table. "Well, I am glad you came back."

Satisfied, she turns away from Kavin and heads towards the dance floor, champagne flute in hand. Her staff hurriedly run towards her to refill the glass.

It seems her gun will remain unused tonight.

- - -
Author's Note:
There is something so much more satisfying when the murderous villain is a woman. Hahaha!

I hope everyone is safe. Too many tragedies around the world right now.

On a lighter note - we are so near December! Any guesses what Win's gift to Bright will be for his birthday? 🤭🤭🤭

Thank you for reading!