Chapter 24

First Puitrakul wasn't very happy to wake up as - he looks at his translucent arms - well,  a ghost. He was barely 31 after all and was looking forward to being hot and retired at 40. Not to mention, he didn't particularly love the idea of Fong being single again.   

If their goddam neighbor starts flirting with him...First will learn to be a poltergeist.

But before he worried about men and women throwing themselves at his husband's feet, First knew he needed to find a way to save Fong from that evil blonde wench currently keeping him captive.

How could he do that though?
Sure, he can walk through walls now.
And scare random cats and bugs.
But that wasn't enough to defeat a criminal mastermind.

Hell, he couldn't even knock the gun from the hands of the goon looking over Fong's cell.

It didn't matter. He was going to get his husband out of here - no matter what.

To emphasize his resolve, First hits the console in front of him, forgetting he didn't have flesh. His hand goes through the metal and the wires but something curious happens, the lights on the console were affected by his presence , making them blink wherever he pointed.

A slow smile forms on First's blue lips.

Be afraid Olga. Be very afraid.

- - -
There was barely time to think.
The moment Kavin came to his senses, he was surrounded by police vehicles and ambulances. Bright lights were shining in his eyes, blinding him.

An EMT had lifted him on to a stretcher. Needles and bandages and sensors were attached to his skin.

He wanted to ask them one of the million questions buzzing in his brain- what had happened, how was he alive, have they captured Olga...

And the loudest question of all:
Where is Thyme?

But before he could form the words, they have already placed a plastic mask over his mouth and he could feel the aerosol medicine flowing into the mask and up through his nostrils.

Kavin was so tired. And in so much pain. He knew he needed the medical attention and everyone here were just doing their best to keep him alive. But all Kavin wanted was to scream at the top of his lungs for someone to bring him Thyme.

Please he cannot lose him again. Not again.

Before his desperation could turn into lunacy- a warmth envelops his hand.

He feels fingers slide into the gaps of his own.

Could it be?

He turns his head as much as he can - which wasn't a lot but it was enough.
Enough to see Thyme in the stretcher just beside him.

Thyme squeezes Kavin's hand.

There was work ahead of them.
A criminal to catch.
Justice to serve.
A world to save.

There was no time to talk about them.
To finally say what they should have told each other all those years ago.

But it was enough that they were beside each other. Enough that they will face this hand in hand.