Chapter 10

"Who the fuck smiles like that?," Kavin says, falling down laughing.

Thyme looks indignant

Thyme looks indignant. "What do you mean? I look good. I think."

"You look like a high school fuck boy. Like what the hell is up with the tongue?" Kavin holds up his phone and starts laughing again at the image.

"Fuck you!" Thyme grabs the phone and stares at it. He looks alright? Didn't he? I mean sure he didn't look as good as Kavin did...but who could ever look as good as Kavin?

Kavin sits up on the daybed and scoots closer to Thyme. He looks at the phone from over Thyme's shoulder. "We don't look like a couple at all."

"This looks like a very low budget ad for hair gel."

Kavin laughs again. Everything is funnier when you've had 2 shots of tequila and absolutely nothing else.

Thyme knocks back another shot and he falls into Kavin's arms. My god he was so dizzy.

"How do couples look, Vin?," Thyme asks looking up and finding himself looking into Kavin's bespectacled eyes, one arm holding up the phone. "You have nice eyes, you know that?"

"Shut up," croaks Kavin, pushing Thyme upright. But Thyme is too tipsy to keep his balance and he just falls back into Kavin's arms, one arm still stretched upward with the phone. Kavin looks at him annoyed but his annoyance wavers when his attention falls on the dip on Thyme's upper lip. It has always fascinated him how perfectly formed Thyme's mouth was, like someone drew it. Without thinking, he traces the valley with his finger.

Thyme yelps in surprise. He flails backwards and drops the phone on the floor with a thud.

"My phone," groans Kavin picking it back up. He looks at the screen - no scratches or cracks, thank God. But wait - there's a video. A three second video of Thyme falling into Kavin and the two of them just staring at each other like they've never seen each other's faces before.

Thyme puts his face beside Kavin's so he too could have a look. "That...that kinda works."

"You think so?" Kavin slurs as he squints at the screen.

"If I didn't know us, I'd think we're falling in love."

"Maybe we're better on video than we are with photos!" Kavin dials Boss' number. "Booooossss!"

"Kavin?"

"Buddyyyyyy..."

"Are you drunk?"

"Fcoursnot. Just had a question."

"Ok..."

"Can we send you videos instead of photos?"

"Sure, could work. I could screenshot what I need. Also, some video clips may help with making this more believable."