𝐀𝐍𝐓 + 𝐌𝐀𝐊

Start of eighth gradeMak moved to Hartley high at the start of eighth grade, she moved to Sydney with her mum after her parents got a divorce

Mak moved to Hartley high at the start of eighth grade, she moved to Sydney with her mum after her parents got a divorce. Makaylah struggled the first week of school she found it hard to make friends mainly because she was too upset about her parents.

Ant had 3 classes with Mak, he noticed a lot about her, he observed how she acted during class and how she was quiet and alone. He noticed that she smiled every time and got in trouble he noticed that she'd look at him every time he spoke. The two didn't make direct contact until term 2.

Term 2 Ant got sat next to Makaylah for talking too much. She noticed how he'd stare at her whenever she was writing she noticed that he smiled every time she got an answer right. "I'm Anthony." The boy greeted the girl finally holding out his hand to shake

She looked at him with a small smile. "I know and I'm Makaylah." She said accepting his hand to shake. The two smiled at each other before continuing their work again. Halfway through the term Ant and mak got closer, she'd always bring him a spare pen because he always forgot to bring one.

He'd always give her half the cookie that his mum made him. "Can I call you mak Makaylahs too long?" Ant asked her as he copied her answers down. "Only if I can call you Ant." She said waiting for him to answer. "Deal." He said grabbing her hand to shake.

Ant introduced the girl to his friend's Spider and Dusty, Dusty was always nice to her he always said hi to her, always waited for her to finish eating and always walked her out of school. But Spider wasn't as nice to the girl at first. He made comments to the girl that upset her, and always laughed at her whenever she got something wrong.

She never understood why he was so mean to her. Ant had made her the happiest she had been all year he was the first to make her smile and laugh and the first to make her feel loved again. That was until mak stopped showing up to school. It was 3 weeks until Ant saw the girl again.

She was different she was sad. Ant and Dusty tried to make her smile and tried to comfort her even though Spider stopped being rude. But no matter what they did it just didn't help.

Term 3 Mak was still the same quiet and distant. Ant tried everything he could to cheer the girl up from whatever was upsetting her. He bring her his mum's cookies every day and even tried to be extra funny in class but it still didn't work.

Ant finally decided to ask her what was going on. It was the end of the day mak was walking home by herself until ant ran up to her she looked at him confused. "Don't you live the other way?" She asked him. " I do but I want to know what's making you so upset." He said looking at the girl.

Mak didn't say anything she just kept walking ant followed her disappointed that she didn't tell him anything they kept walking until they reached her house. She told him to be quiet before entering the house, he understood very quickly why the girl was so upset. The sight he saw was heartbreaking.

Mak walked through the silent house making sure she didn't step on broken glass or empty alcohol bottles. They passed the living room where her mum was passed out on the couch, they finally reached her bedroom. The two sat on her bed silent she stared at her feet tears dropping onto the floor.

Ant saw and scooted over pulling her into a hug, he allowed her to cry. She felt safe in his arms, she felt everything stop as if nothing else mattered. Ant rocked her back and forth until she fell asleep he laid her down, taking her shoes off and throwing a blanket over her.

Start of year 9
Year 9 Mak had developed a strong friendship with Ant. The two had become very close ever since that moment. Mak had become closer with Dusty and Spider as well. Ant would walk to her house every morning with breakfast and a drink she'd eat on the way to school.

He'd walk her home from school as well even though it was an extra 20 minutes from where he lived. Halfway through year 9 Mak and Ant had their first kiss together. It was during a game of truth a dare and Spider dared Ant to kiss her. It was 5 seconds long but mak felt like it went forever or maybe she wanted it to last forever.

The two became inseparable from that moment on, she was always seen with Ant and if she wasn't people would question why. Ant always talked about the girl to his mum and when the time finally came for mak to meet his mum she felt belonged. Ant's mum had welcomed the girl into her home and told her she was welcome at any time no matter how late or early.

Year 10
Year 10 Mak developed a small crush on her best friend Ant, she knew not to say anything about her feelings towards the boy afraid that it will affect their friendship. Mak and Ant did it for the first on Valentines day. Mak came over to Ant's house at 10 pm.

She was upset about her mum's new boyfriend being over. So he snuck out and ran to Ant's house. Ant allowed the girl to come in he noticed she was upset and comforted her, one thing lead to another and they were both naked.

Now
After the whole valentines day incident, they repeated what happened multiple times after. They never spoke about it after, too scared about the consequences. Ant hadn't told dusty or spider about them hooking up so when the map was revealed it was a shock to the two boys.