Chapter 2: Wyatt

As we pull out of San Fransisco international after a very comfortable but long 16 hour flight, first class of course I've done my time in coach and will happily never go back again.
I'm looking forward to getting home and having a glass of scotch when my phone rings. It's Daniel, my assistant and right hand man, after a quick 2 minute call all my calm is gone and I'm back in business mode.
I look at Clint who has been my chauffeur for the past 20 years and he already knows we are heading straight to the office. I think Clint knows whenever I have that look on my face business is stress and I need to get shit done. I had stacks of things on my mind. I needed Naomi to contact a client about a $1,399,000 in Rodgerton Dr, LA. So we could land this deal. It was a gorgeous property, perfect in-fact, infinity pool with stunning views, tennis court above, lovely rainfall feature inside towards the dining table honestly the list could go on, I'd have it for myself if I could but another property right now is not what I need. Daniel called to tell me W. Beckton just secured a deal if been working on for a few months. I need to get back to the office to find out what happened, Naomi is going to have some explaining to do. I was too busy in my own mind with Sophie that I should've dealt with this already.

I get to my building and as usual greeted by Sammy my secretary. "Good evening Mr Rowe I wasn't expecting you this evening. Can I get you anything?"
"Naomi to my office now." I bellow into the large open space where people are just leaving for the day. I know I should have kept my cool and it's not Sammys fault. I'll send her some flowers tomorrow to apologise.
I have to be very vigilant and strict with these things especially with how things have landed with Wyatt in the past I definitely did not want a repeat of our childhood. When we had spoken a few days previous Naomi mentioned the client was eager and wanted to move forward but had a couple of questions about the kitchen. Whatever it was is wasn't enough to not go through with it that's for sure. This particular client has done a few deals with us before, uptight prick I never liked him over the many business dinners and meetings he's always asking for extra but I kept him sweet knowing he would be back for more properties in the future.

I'm pacing my office when there's a knock on the door. I take a second to compose myself before I really lose my shit. Just stay calm Andrew, there will an explanation.
"Come in" I shout at the door, Naomi walks in looking absolutely terrified. Good.
"Take a seat, you have approximately 2 minutes to explain to me what happened."
"I met Mr Singh, he was really happy with the property apart from some minor changes in the kitchen and gym but then I don't know what happened I really don...."
"Stop rambling and get to the point Naomi now" I shout.

"Sir I really don't know what happened we closed the deal we shook on it we had dinner last night he told me he was more than happy with the adjustments I'd spent the whole previous night arranging but then this morning I get a phone call from Wyatt and he's explaining how he just sold Mr Singh a property and that if I wanted I could go and work for them I obviously told him I would never do that but I think he's playing a games with us again"

Every time I see Wyatt's face I want to cave it in. No amount of scotch takes it away. I would never let him know that our past bothers me. Growing up together and going into business with your best friend is kind of everyone's dream, you'd expect fights but not really as big as ours. I think the only thing that's only going to destress me right now is to see my Jenny.