3. Mystery Girl

THIRD POV

"What are you doing here!?"

The girl says monotonously, "You don't know me."

"Yes, I do! You're that lifeguard girl from the beach last night."

"Nope. Doesn't ring a bell."

"I'm Denki Kaminari, by the way," Kaminari extends his hand, but she stares at his face and scowls.

"You don't seem old enough to drink."

"What makes you old enough to serve?"

"I'm 20. Now, go away if you don't want anything."

"I only want your name," he winks but she rolls her eyes so hard that Kaminari gets Bakugo's image in his head.

"Come on," Kaminari presses, "let's begin again. I was so... not me last night."

"Is that why your whole face is messed up?"

He cringes. I can't believe she keeps seeing me at my worst.

"Yeah," he chuckles, "don't worry about it. I'm much handsomer than I look right now."

"Your language skills aren't any handsome though." She grabs a ragged piece of cloth from under the counter and begins cleaning the top. 

Another customer, much older than them, approaches the bar and orders for a drink.

Kaminari watches her reach for the cabinets, picks out a bottle, and pours it into a large mug for him. For some reason, he finds this mundane task so amusing and intriguing that the world behind him seems to disappear, and the music seems to get muffled. Maybe it's the way she is so interestingly serious or that she is totally annoyed with him that gets him excited and hell-bent on impressing her.

"At least tell me your name."

"We are never going to meet again."

"You said that last time but here we are."

"Maybe third time's a charm," She passes the customer the mug.

"Come on, cutie."

"If you call me that again, I will slam you on that wall and keep you in the air until you whimper like a petty insect."

A shiver runs down Kaminari's body like a river racing from the mountaintop. Her stoic expression doesn't waver for a moment even when she has said something so threatening. God, that excites me even more.

"I didn't know you had that kink-"

"I'll count to three."

"BYE!" Kaminari shouts and runs away.

Locating the group is never hard because wherever Bakugo is, there is a commotion. Kaminari explains everything to the group, and as uninterested as Bakugo usually is, he actually listened contently. Guess he is intrigued to know who this female Bakugo is.

But Kaminari never gets to see her again. When he led the whole group to that bar, she was gone. Sero and he spend the entire evening trying to find her but she just disappeared.

Adios, my lifeguard super strong mystery girl.

Everyone returns to the guest house at three at night, wasted and barely functioning. Kaminari doesn't even know if he entered his own room but falls asleep as soon as his body feels something soft.

Morning was the worst when they woke up after noon and none of them has the energy to cook breakfast. Hawks and his boyfriend, Tadashi, haven't returned yet, so Takami orders takeouts from a restaurant.

While everyone eats breakfast at half past one and drinks Kirishima's disgusting hangover remedy, Sero decides to turn on the tv. The previous night's party is being telecasted.

There is a whole separate segment of the group being interviewed and Takami flying away. Everyone simply laughs and roasts each other for all the questions they were asked.

In no time the day ends and they are in their rooms getting ready for the flight the next day.

Kaminari turns his abandoned phone on to find over a hundred missed calls and twice as many text messages from Shinso.

I'm so not ready to go home and deal with him.

He doesn't reply to anything and instead calls at home seeing a couple of missed calls from his mom. Kaminari has an overly loving mother and father and they are the sole reason he is so spoiled and well, pampered.

Mom picks up the call and Kaminari still doesn't know to this day, why she started crying.

"Yes, I'll be back tomorrow evening."

"Visit us before going to UA!" She weeps on the phone while Kaminari's father consoles her.

She is extra emotional, especially during the time she takes estrogen.

Kaminari still remembered the day he had come home giving UA's entrance exam and she came out to him and his father. Her hands were shivering as she talked to them and Kaminari remember him and his father looking at each other with tearful eyes. All three of them cried like babies that day.

It's just her who never stopped apparently.

"I miss you, my baby boy."

"I miss you too, ma, I will come to you as soon as I can!"

His father takes the phone from her and gets away to talk privately to him. "Hey, Denny."

"How's mom really?"

"It's hard." He sighs, "there are some health issues and we've been going to the doctor twice a week. Transitioning after 30 is not ideal."

Kaminari sits on the bed and stays quiet for a few minutes.

"Doctor said we can limit down estrogen doses now, so let's see how it goes. After her orchiectomy, she's been better and healthier."

"I'm still so mad I wasn't by her side when you guys went through that."

"It's okay, you were busy saving the world."

"While my world was in a hospital bed."

"Come home for a few days. She really misses you."

"I will. Soon."

"Alright, take care."

"You too, dad."

As soon as he hangs up and takes a moment to breathe, his phone rings again.

"Please, stop," Kaminari speaks into the phone.

"Come on, talk to me Denki. We can figure this out."

"We can talk when I'm in school. Now, don't call me again."

He throws his phone on the bed and returns to pack his bags.

I wish I can short-circuit myself so I won't have to think of anything anymore.