Batman & Red Arrow #3

Seeing Red

Alfred stood at the computer in the Bat Cave while he spoke into a comm to Batman and Red Arrow.

"The computer is detecting seven people inside the building aside from Poison Ivy and one hostage, judging by the build of the others I'd say they're part of the group which escaped from jail yesterday." Alfred informed.

"Nice and even, just the way I like it." Red Arrow grinned as he and Batman crashed through a window.

The heroes crashed in on the top floor where Poison Ivy stood at a lab table working with chemicals. There was a man in a lab coat strapped to the table but unconscious. The thugs under her control turned and aimed guns at the heroes but Batman threw some batarangs and Red Arrow shot three arrows of at
once toward the other three thugs.

"Batman! And who is this? Quite a
shame you came, I just finished my agent that will turn these men who experiment on my poor babies into hideous abominations for me to control!" Poison Ivy shouted as she spread her hands out.

The thugs took all the batarangs with recoil but still ran at Batman while the thugs running toward the flying arrows were soon covered in a net by one arrow, the other two arrows blasted out a red cement spray that covered the thugs completely below the neck.

"You're crazy if you think I'll let you do that." Batman answered as he rolled back to his feet.

He jumped and kicked the incoming thugs and punched them away leaving concussive
batarangs on them which knocked them
senseless. Poison Ivy looked at them angrily and held her fists up while Red Arrow pulled another arrow back at the ready and walked up to her with Batman intimidatingly.

"No! Stay back, or the man gets to be my first test subject." Poison A threatened as she held a syringe out towards the man strapped to the table.

But they continued toward her cautiously.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Red Arrow pulled the bowstring back a little more and gave her a dirty look.

"Got yourself a sidekick to play bad cop bad cop with you, huh, Batman? You two don't smell the pheromones in the air yet?" Poison Ivy smirked.

She winked at them as Red Arrow raised an
eyebrow and Batman held a face of stone.

"Put down the syringe." Batman commanded.

"I warned you to stay back." She turned to inject the test tube into the hostage.

Red Arrow shot his arrow which clipped the bottom of the syringe in her hand, it shattered and the chemical fell down onto her instead.

"NYYYAAGGHH!!!" She screeched as she grabbed at her eyes and face while she fell to her knees.

"We told you to put the test tube down." He lowered his bow as he and Batman stepped closer.

As they approached she began to transform into a monster-like plant before their eyes.

"Remember that gas arrow I gave you two days ago?" Batman asked as they both reassured themselves.

"Yeah." Red Arrow said as he pulled it out and drew back while Batman ran over to the hostage and grabbed him away from the plant monster.

Red Arrow let loose the arrow which burst open on the monster into a gas cloud which started to put it into a dormant state. Batman and the hostage landed next to
Red Arrow. Batman took out a small container of smelling salts which he snapped and held under the hostages nose.

"Holy shit! Thank you, Batman! I thought I was a goner!" The hostage woke up with a shriek before they ran off.

"Alfred, I'm gonna need the Batwing." Batman spoke into the comm.