Batman & Red Arrow #6

Zsasz-maraz

2 months later

Red Arrow leapt across rooftops and shot off an arrow which had a zipline connected to it, he used it to swing down to a lower warehouse rooftop. He looked down at his wrist devie which showed his location.

"Master Roy, are you certain this is a good idea?" Alfred asked cautiously over the comm as Roy clicked back.

"It took me this long to track him down, I'm not just gonna walk away." Red Arrow added calmly.

He jumped down in through a duct on the roof and landed on top of a bunch of crates. He was able to see men with guns walking in the light below.

"Goons, this should be fun." He smirked as he moved away quietly.

In the center of the warehouse was a lit area with a table and chairs, a man stood speaking with a much bulkier thug known as Sportsmaster.

"Now listen, we have to be sure none of this stuff can be traced back to Kahndaq. Teth will be sure we're all dead if anyone finds out." Victor Zsasz spoke as he took a drag off a cigarette.

"You think I don't know that? Don't get too used to giving orders either." Sportsmaster spoke begrudgingly.

"Did you ge that, Alfred? The Venom and some large weapons are coming from Khandaq." Red Arrow informed in case anything didn't come through properly.

He clicked a button on his wrist device and his mask took some photos of the weapons being unloaded from crates and the crates of Venom coming off a truck.

"My, those are some big guns. Do stop these miscreants, Master Roy." Alfred tapped his glasses up to see the feed a little better.

Red Arrow smiled to himself as he stood up and drew an arrow back, it launched into the air above and exploded in a bright flash.

Zsasz and Sportsmaster looked up in surprise and were soon punched and kicked away by Red Arrow who had used the arrow as a distraction.

"Hey!" Zsasz drew his pistols as Sportsmaster began to swing at Red Arrow.

"Well look who it is, Gotham's sidekick. You're gonna get yourself killed, kid." Sportsmaster chuckled evilly.

He slammed his fist down on a nearby table as Red Arrow jumped out of the way.

"Get out of my shot, Sportsmaster!" Zsasz added with frustration.

Sportsmaster kicked Red Arrow away and Zsasz began to shoot at him. Red Arrow tucked and rolled away on his landing and jumped behind a crate, the two villains walked up to the crate ready to beat the hero but noticed there was a manhole behind the crate and Red Arrow had used it to escape.

"All men outside! Find the Red Arrow!" Zsasz shouted over a walkie talkie as all the thugs began to pour out of the warehouse.

Zsasz and Sportsmaster turned back to the table only to see Red Arrow standing with a grin aiming his bow with four arrows resting ready to fire.

"Gotta hand it to you, kid, nice one." Sportsmaster muttered almost with delight.

Zsasz brought the radio back up to warn the other thugs but it was shot out of his hand, another arrow found its way into Zsasz's shoulder, and the others were deflected by Sportsmaster using a rounded flail that he spun around almost using it as a shield.

"Where are you getting these supplies?" Red Arrow demanded as he drew back more arrows.

"Forget it, we arent talking." Zsasz spit out a clot of blood showing some of his gold and silver teeth.

"You like breathing?" Red Arrow furrowed his brow.

"Ha! Yeah right, you wont kill us. You work with the Batman." Sportsmaster laughed.

"Yeah, he holds back. I'm not so
trained." Red Arrow tightened his bow string.

He shot another arrow off which stuck through Sportsmaster's left leg.

"Brat! I'm gonna make you pay for that." Sportsmaster angrily grabbed his leg.

"Not likely." He strung another arrow.

"I can shoot faster than you c—" Zsasz tried to mutter.

Suddenly the gun was shot from his hand as they both looked back at the smiling hero.

"Don't worry, there's plenty of room for you two in Belle Reve." Red Arrow continued eyeing them down.

"Too bad I won't be going there." Sportsmaster threw a smoke bomb and Zsasz took the opportunity to pull up a machine gun and begin firing into the smoke cloud at Red Arrow.

He heard a door slam shut as he looked around and shot off a few more rounds but when the smoke cleared he was alone in the warehouse.

"DAMN IT!" Zsasz screamed before firing off a few more rounds randomly.

In the Batcave Red Arrow was sitting at the massive computer as he rested his bow down and put his hands to the sides of his head.

"You're starting to take after him quite well." Alfred walked up grinning as Roy looked over to him.

"I can't believe I had to let those two go today." He said angrily.

"That was all part of your plan wasn't it, Master Roy?" Alfred asked with some confusion.

"Yes, it is essential for them to believe we aren't onto them." Roy answered as he looked back at his bow.

"Which is why you asked them where they got he shipments when you made your
appearance." Alfred asked with even more confusion.

"Yes, we need to let Sportsmaster bring us right to the source. I shot him with an ejectable tracker arrow, we'll know for sure whether Teth Adam is supplying them or not within 24 hours." Roy scratched the back of his head as he clicked a button in the computer.

The screen lit up and showed the tracker moving about the city on the screen.

"Brilliant, you think like him now too." Alfred looked up in awe.

Red Arrow looked up at Alfred conflicted as he took a cup of tea from the tray Alfred held out.

"Have you been to see him in the past two days?" Alfred asked with a scowl.

"I haven't, I've been so busy tracking Zsasz. Is he awake now?" Roy asked with a sigh.

Alfred nodded his head before Roy stood up.

"Keep an eye on that tracker for me, Al." Roy added as he got up and began to walk toward the door.