•35•

——————————| Second Demon Entity? |——————————

——————————
| Second Demon Entity? |
——————————

In the dimly lit, modestly furnished apartment, Jungkook fidgeted, adjusting his position on the worn, threadbare couch, seeking to settle into a more comfortable spot. His eyes wandered aimlessly, deliberately avoiding meeting Jung-ho's gaze. Despite its age and somewhat dated decor, the apartment offered ample space for a single occupant, with its cozy yet practical layout.

The apartment featured a compact living area complete with a small coffee table and a television boasting an extensive cable package. The background murmur of the news created a soothing white noise, filling the space as Jungkook absorbed his surroundings. In addition to the living area, there was a single bedroom and a bathroom housing a convenient stand-up shower and an elegant marble countertop.

The floor was adorned with a rich, dark brown carpet, providing a warm contrast to the cream-colored walls. An eye-catching picture frame adorned one of the walls, displaying a vividly colorful image of majestic mountains, serving as a lively focal point in the otherwise dull room.

It seemed quite apparent that Jung-ho had a more relaxed approach to organization. This was evident not only in his personal appearance but also reflected in the state of the apartment. A collection of unwashed dishes sat in disarray in the sink, waiting for attention. Meanwhile, empty ramen cups were carelessly scattered across the floor, contributing to an unpleasant odor that lingered in the air.

Taking a seat on the opposite end of the couch, Jung-ho fixed Jungkook with an inscrutable gaze, his expression difficult to discern. "Explain yourself, kid, or leave," he demanded sternly. "I'm struggling to articulate my thoughts," Jungkook answered truthfully. It was his initial encounter with his stepbrother, and he was eager not to make a misstep at this crucial juncture.

"Why don't you begin by explaining why you believe we're related?" Jung-ho asked bluntly, reclining on the couch. The tranquil afternoon he had anticipated was now shattered.

Jungkook hesitated, his senses straining for any whisper or hint of his inner demon, but there was only silence. "I found out recently from my mom that my dad was involved in an affair before my brother and I were born," he confessed. Jung-ho leaned in, resting his elbows on his knees, regarding Jungkook with suspicion. "The woman my dad had the affair with gave birth to you."

"Why did you decide to find me now?" Jung-ho inquired, his gaze piercing. "I just explained–" Jungkook paused, inhaling deeply before resuming. Was Jung-ho even paying attention to his words? "My mother kept the truth about my father hidden until recently. She claimed it was to shield me from pain." Jungkook fought the urge to roll his eyes at those words. He cherished his mother, but she could have disclosed the truth about his father earlier. At most, Jungkook might have sought out his father's address and confronted him.