Chapter Fourteen: Coming Together

It's a Friday afternoon, but what's different about this particular Friday is Katherine getting the call from her realtor that she was approved for the home. She was ecstatic. She had been staying in a hotel since her confrontation with the big bad wolf, Michael, who wasn't too pleased with her request for a divorce and told her she had to leave right then. That was no problem of course because she had been anticipating the home approval. The first call was to Larry who was just as happy for her. Right away they started planning how to get in her moved in and what furniture to buy. He went with her to a consignment shop the same day she received the good news and found a great deal on some gently used tables for the living room, dining room and an iron bed with a beautiful frame and a frame for Larry's bed. What's even more amazing is that the realtor only charged her half of the deposit in which she was so grateful for because more money could remain in her savings. They agreed that Larry would accompany her back to the house so she could pack her clothes while he looked out for Lucifer. She has no interest in taking anything else so a moving truck wasn't needed. She set up a car service that picked her up then went to pick up Larry and they've been at the house for about thirty minutes. Michael's car wasn't in the driveway when they arrived which was a shock because they were certain he was waiting for her to come back. They didn't mind of course because they don't want to see his mug. Larry placed each bag she finished by the front door to make it easier for taking to the car. As he's taking the current bag he stops to listen for a sound he's sure he just heard. It's the sound of keys so his eyes go straight to the door knob. For as long as he can remember, Michael has always intimidated him, but this time he isn't intimidated in the slightest. He just watches the door knob turn and when it opens his eyes slowly rise until their eyes meet. They look at each other before Michael's eyes go down to the bags then back up at Larry who merely tells him, "we'll be out of here soon". He turns around to go back to his mom, but she's already standing there. She heard Michael come through the door and to make sure he doesn't try anything with Larry she immediately stopped packing. Larry stepped back and his eyes begin darting between them as he didn't know what was about to go down, but then he notices something about Katherine. Not only was she not afraid, she's giving him a sarcastic smile as she slightly shakes her head...

Katherine: "You just couldn't resist, could you? I can't even pack and leave in peace".

*brief pause*

Michael: "So you were serious".

Katherine: "Why wouldn't I be, Michael? You think you could physically harm my only son, my pride and joy, my baby and expect me to stay? You're damn right I'm serious. I should have left you sooner". *looks at Larry* "Just ignore him baby. I'm almost done so we'll be out of here in just a minute". 

Katherine turns around to go back to the bedroom and the short time she's away Larry goes back to glaring at Michael...waiting for him to say or do something. Seconds later she's back with the last bag so she walks towards the door, but Michael doesn't move so she stops and glares at him. She's about to say something when they both hear, "get out of her way". Only Michael looks at Larry. Katherine is looking at him as if to say, "you heard what he said" but as expected, he's making this difficult. As he continues looking at Larry...

Michael: "I don't know why you're even here".

Larry: "I'm helping my mom get away from you. Now get out of her way or...."

Michael: "Or what", he asks sternly.

Larry's eyes squint in anger as he walks in slow, angry steps over to them. He lightly touches her shoulder and gently pushes her back then steps in front of him. He slowly raises his fist...ready to return the strike Michael hurt him with. But, he releases it then drops his hand...