Chapter 2

"Welcome back Paladins! Great work out there!" Allura and Coran were waiting for them in the hanger as they exited their lions.

However, Allura soon became concerned when none of them were talking. "Did something happen?"

"Um... well..." Hunk rubbed the back of his neck, not quite sure where to start.

Instead, Pidge just walked forward, and showed them the sleeping boy in her arms.

"There uh... was a minor mishap..." Lance mumbled

"Is that Keith?!" Coran yelled in shock.

"Shhh!" Pidge glared at him, "He's sleeping..."

"What happened?!" Allura whisper yelled.

"That machine you were talking about was damaged." Shiro held up the broken piece of technology.

"Pidge and I figure that whenever all of the energy was released from it at once, it made Keith's entire body regress instead of just an isolated injury." Hunk proposed.

"Is it permanent?" Coran asked with worry.

Pidge bit her lip, "I don't think so? Hunk and I will have to look into it more in depth. Our first task will be fixing it. It might take a little while, but I'm confident that we should be able to get him back to normal..." Keith let out a small yawn... "Eventually..."

"I don't know," Lance smirked, "I think we should leave him like this. He looks a lot less... violent..."

"We can't leave him like this!" Allura glared at him. "How would we form Voltron?"

"Oh yeah..." Lance rubbed the back of his neck.

Shiro sighed, "The good thing is, the Red Lion must have sensed that something was wrong with Keith, so it followed us back to the Castle. So at least we won't have to worry about leaving it here."

"That is good news..." Coran twirled his mustache, and walked over to observe Keith. "I must agree with Lance though... he is pretty cute." He gave his hair a small ruffle.

A few moments later, Keith's eyes slowly began to open. And they all cooed at the adorable noise he made.

Lance laughed, "Well Mullet, what do you think?"

Keith lifted his head up, and glanced around the room in confusion. When his eyes landed on Shiro though, he began shivering.

"Hey Keith, you ok?" Pidge gently set him on the ground.

"I know you're scared Keith, but I promise, we'll get this fixed." Shiro assured him.

He began to panic, and immediately ran to Allura, to hide behind her dress. "Keith? What's wrong?" she asked in concern.

"Wh... who are you..." he stuttered, and they couldn't help but notice the small lilt of a southern accent.

"Oh my god..." Lance tried to keep himself from laughing. "I didn't know he was southern. That's so adorable."

Shiro was surprised as well, "He didn't have the accent by the time I met him. He must have grown out of it..."

Keith just continued shivering.

"It's us, Keith." Hunk assured. "Don't you remember?"

"Ho... How do you know my name...?" he was practically shaking, and no one knew what to do.

"Hmm..." Pidge began to think. "Keith, how old are you?"

"n-nine, miss." He stuttered.

"Awww... he called you miss!" Hunk gushed, "Aren't you so polite?" he tried to walk closer to him, but he just hid further behind Allura.

"Just as I suspected." Pidge continued, "The blast of energy must have also affected his brain, not just his brain. The Keith in front of us, is literally Keith when he was 9 years old."

"Woah..." Lance grinned, "So we're going to be able to learn all about how he acted as a kid?! That's awesome!"

Coran looked over to Shiro, "Didn't you say that you knew Keith when he was younger? Shouldn't he recognize you?"

He shook his head, "I didn't meet Keith until he was 12. He has no idea who I am."

Allura gently pet his hair as he continued to hide behind her, "Then I guess we'll just have to reintroduce ourselves to him while Pidge and Hunk fix the machine."

Coran whistled, "This sure is going to be interesting... 

(A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading! When I say Vol, you say...)