Chapter 3

"Why don't we go somewhere a bit more comfortable to introduce ourselves," Pidge suggested.

"That is a good idea, Pidge." Allura looked down at Keith, "Are you ok with going somewhere to sit down." He didn't respond, so she took that as confirmation enough. "Alright, let's go to the lounge."

They all began walking down the hallway. Keith had sandwiched himself in between Allura and Pidge, not letting anyone else near him.

Once they were in the lounge, he sat down next to Pidge, and Allura sat on his other side. Shiro's heart broke every time Keith glanced over at him with fear in his eyes.

"Isn't that better?" Allura looked down at Keith and realized that he was still in his paladin armor, it had shrunk with his body, but it still couldn't have been comfortable. "Coran, do you think we have any clothes that will fit him?"

He twirled his mustache, "I should be able to come up with something. I'll be back in a tick, Princess."

"Thank you." She smiled at him then looked back to Keith. "Do you need anything? Are you thirsty? Or do you want a snack?" He quickly shook his head. "Alright, well just let one of us know if you think of anything. My name is Allura. Can you say that?"

"Miss... Allara?" he asked hesitantly.

"Very close." She praised. "It's Allura."

"I'm sorry Miss Allura!" he said quickly.

"Don't worry about it." she assured, "And you don't need to call me Miss Allura. Just Allura is fine."

"O-ok... Allura." He said again, the name sounding foreign on his tongue.

"My name is Pidge." She began. "Well, technically, my name is Katie Holt, but I let my friends call me Pidge."

"Ok, Miss Katie." He nodded.

"No silly," she smiled, "I just said you can call me Pidge."

"Y-you said that... was for your friends..." he was confused.

She tried to ruffle his hair, but he flinched away. "You're my friend too. And you don't need to call me Miss either."

"Ok... Pidge..." it felt wrong being so formal with her, but she had asked him too...

"My name is Takashi Shirogane," Shiro began, "But that's a mouthful, so everyone just calls me Shiro."

Keith straightened his back, "Ok Mr..... Shirog...ana?"

Shiro smiled at him, "It's Shirogane, but like I said, you can just call me Shiro. And you don't need to be formal with any of us, so you can drop the Mr. just like with Pidge and Allura."

Keith quickly shook his head. "Mr. Shirogane."

Shiro frowned, "Really... Shiro is just fine..."

He shook his head again. The poor kid looked terrified...

"Oh, me next!" Lance grinned, "I am the fabulous, Lance Charles McClain."

"Mr. McClain." Keith said quietly.

Lance rolled his eyes, "Ok this is seriously weird. He's literally a year older than me." he looked back to Keith, "Seriously, just Lance is fine." He shook his head again.

Hunk quickly picked up on the fact that if he wanted Keith to call him by his first name, he couldn't give him another option. "My name is Hunk." He said simply.

"M-Mr. Hunk?" He seemed upset that he wasn't able to call him by his last name. It hadn't made such a fuss with Pidge and Allura. So, what was the deal with the rest of them?

"Alright, Princess," Coran came back in holding a bundle of clothes. "Hopefully some combination of these should work."

"Perfect timing Coran." Allura smiled, "We were all introducing ourselves to Keith."

"Oh, well then." He puffed out his chest, "My name is, Coran Hieronymus Wimbleton Smythe."

Keith's eyes widened in horror, and to everyone's surprise, he began to cry.

"Hey... what's wrong?" Pidge tried to comfort him.

"C-can... you... repeat it...?" he looked terrified.

Coran walked over to him and knelt down. He tried to move as close to Pidge as possible. "There's nothing to worry about lad, no one calls me by my full name. You can just call me Coran. I know the rest is kind of long." He began crying harder. "What's wrong with him?" he looked up at the others.

"He... likes calling people by their last names." Shiro supplied.

"Oh," Caron frowned, "Well, my last name is Smythe. But really, Coran is just fine."

"I'm sorry... Mr. Smythe..." he said quietly.

"It's no problem at all..." Coran and the rest all looked worried.

"Keith, why don't we get you changed?" Allura asked, trying to change the subject.

Keith looked down at the bundle of clothes in her hands, and his eyes widened. "My jacket!" he held it out to him, and he clutched it tightly to his chest. Allura took him into another room to get him changed.

"Huh..." Hunk scratched his chin. "I didn't know Keith had had his red jacket for that long..."

"It doesn't look that old." Lance added, "He must take good care of it."

Sure enough, when he came back in, he was wearing the jacket. It wasn't a crop cut anymore, and it actually fit him pretty well. Had he really not grown that much since he was a kid? The sleeves were a little long, so he had them rolled up to his elbows. Coran had also found him a simple black t-shirt and some shorts. However, his clothes weren't what everyone was focusing on. Both his legs and arms were covered in scars. And they were all becoming more concerned by the minute...

(A/N - hey guys, thanks for reading! When I say Vol, you say...)