Chapter 6

They all made their way back to the lounge and got comfortable. Keith listened patiently as they began to explain.

"So, Keith... the reason we know so much about you..." Allura began. "Is that you are our friend..."

That didn't seem to make him understand.

"Ok, let's try this." Pidge began, "Keith, what's the last thing you remember?"

"I..." he became confused as he continued thinking. "I... can't really remember... I know... Mr. Norton was... mad about something..." they all noticed the shiver that went down his spine.

"Who's Mr. Norton?" Coran asked.

"My foster father." Keith supplied.

"What is a foster father?" Allura asked with curiosity.

"On Earth..." Hunk began sadly, "If a child's parents... die. Or can't take care of them for some reason, and none of their relatives can take them in, then they are put with a foster family. This family will then take care of them either until they turn 18, or until a family decides to adopt them."

"We all know about Keith's mom, but does that mean his dad..." Pidge began quietly.

Shiro nodded solemnly, "Keith's dad was a fire fighter. He died in a fire when Keith was 6."

Keith's head shot up, "Did you know my dad?"

"No... I'm sorry..." Shiro couldn't meet his eyes. This boy was so different from the strong 17-year-old he was used to.

"Oh..." he looked down at the ground.

"Keith, this is going to sound confusing, but you deserve to know." Pidge began. "The reason we know so much about you, is because we know... a future version of you. And he's, our friend."

Keith gave her a look that said that he was completely unconvinced.

"Here..." Shiro pulled out the Altean phone that Pidge had made for all of them. "Look, that's you." He scrolled through several pictures that he had taken of Keith, and the rest of the Paladins. Some of them were of them dressed up for special events, others were of them just in their casual clothes.

Keith looked at the teenager in the pictures, then down at his clothes, "He's wearing my jacket..."

"That's cuz he is you." Hunk told him.

"You were in an accident." Lance told him, "And it made you turn back into your 9-year-old self."

"Hunk and I are going to work on a way to fix it though." Pidge assured. "You just have to be patient."

Keith looked at them all skeptically. "How... how do I know you're telling the truth?"

Shiro thought about it for a moment, "I can prove it."

They all watched as he left the room for a moment. When he came back, he was holding something wrapped up in cloth. No one knew what it was, but Keith instantly recognized it.

Shiro unwrapped it, to reveal his Blade of Marmora knife. "You received this knife from your dad. He told you that your mother gave it to him, before she left. She told him that he was supposed to give it to you when you were old enough. It was supposed to help you find her. You have slept with it under your pillow, every night ever since your dad gave it to you. One day, you hope to use the knife to somehow find your mom."

"How... how did you know all that..." He said in shock.

"Because..." Shiro knelt down in front of him. "We're your friends. And we want to help you..."

(A/N - Hey guys, I'm so sorry. I just realized that chapter 5 last week didn't publish, so you get 2 chapters this week! Sorry again! When I say Vol, you say...)