Chapter 8

It had been several hours since they had left Keith by the window, but he seemed content. Every once and a while, one of them would go check on him to see if he needed anything, but he always declined. It was getting late though, and Hunk just about had dinner ready.

"Keith?" Allura walked up to him, but he didn't seem to notice her. "Keith?" she gently laid a hand on his shoulder.

Unfortunately, the sudden movement made him nearly jump out of his skin.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you." She apologized. "I just came to tell you that dinner was ready."

"Oh... ok..." Keith seemed to calm down.

Allura began to walk him back to the dinning room, "So, did you enjoy star gazing."

Keith seemed to smile to himself fondly, "Yeah... it was great...It... reminded me of my dad..."

"I'm glad!" She gave him a bright smile as they walked into the dining room.

"Hey guys!" Lance greeted them.

Allura and Keith sat down, and Pidge took the seat next to him. It was obvious that Keith had taken a liking to the two of them. Although they weren't exactly sure why...

"Hey Keith." Shiro smiled at him from across the table, "How were the stars?"

"Good, Mr. Shirogane..." he said quietly.

Allura noticed how he was much more closed off then he had been with her on the way here. She just couldn't understand why..."

"Dinner's ready!" Hunk came out with a tray and passed out all of the plates. Once again, Keith didn't begin to eat, until everyone else had started. They remembered what they had learned from lunch, so they all ate their food slowly, giving Keith time to eat his own meal.

"How are things going with getting Keith back to normal?" Coran asked.

"Really well!" Pidge smiled. "Hunk and I have just about gotten it figured out."

"We have the computer working on a program to fix it right now." Hunk continued. "It should be finished by tomorrow morning. Keith should be back to his usual, teenage self, by tomorrow afternoon!"

"That's wonderful!" Allura praised. She glanced over at Keith, who looked kind of nervous. All of this must be so confusing for him.

Once they had all finished eating, Keith tried yet again, to clean up his dishes.

"Keith, that really isn't necessary," Coran assured.

Keith looked at him with something akin to distrust. He seemed to finally accept that Coran was being genuine, so he began to put his bowl back on the table. Unfortunately, his arm bumped the chair and knocked the dish out of his hand. That's when things went south...

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! When I say Vol, you say...)