Kira woke when her father knocked on her door, pulling the teenage girl out from her unconcious state. She wasn't sure how long she had been out, as she hadn't paid any attention to the clock that sat on her desk.

"Kira? Dinner's ready." Shouta opened the door. He looked just as tired as she felt. "I hope your ok with instant ramen, I have to go grocery shopping this weekend."

"I don't mind." Kira stood, following her father to the kitchen, where the two bowls of ramen sat on the dinning room table. They sat across from each other, silent for the first few moments. The meal reminded Kira of the first few days before she went to America. She had a lot of instant ramen then.

Shouta finished before Kira, pushing his bowl away from him. He glanced at Kira before getting up and grabbing a file that sat on the counter. Kira watched him, nervous to find out what was in the folder. She held her breath as she watched her father open the file, then realized it was transfer and registration paperwork for her to start school at UA, the school for heroes. Kira knew Shouta was a teacher there, and he would probably have her assigned to his class.

"You'll start at UA on Monday, that was you had a few days to adjust and get settled in. Your registered under your mothers maiden name, and have been assigned to class 1-A, my class." See? Kira knew that she would be assigned there.

"Under mom's name? Why not yours?"

"Because it's better this way. You already have the UA uniform in your closet. It should fit, I got your sizes from your aunt." Shouta passed her the file so she could look over the paperwork. It had a copy of the school handbook and some doubles of the paperwork, which she glanced over. It was just basic information paperwork, the history of her education, the basics of her quirk.

Her quirk confused many, as she inherited shape shifting from her mother, but she ended up inheriting an erasure quirk from her father. She didn't use her erasure quirk, which she called eradicate to not copy her father. She could shape shift into any animal, and even hybrids. She could also add some parts to her human form. With this quirk came heightened senses, smell, sight, hearing. Eradicate was where it got complicated. Eradicate required her to touch the person she was trying to quirk cancel. However, if she lost control, a red energy would disperse and cancel everyone's quirk, friend or foe.sometimes, if she let the quirk build up, she could direct the energy to a group, but it was rare for that to happen.

Shouta stood, taking their bowls to the sink while she finished looking over the paperwork. Everything was in order for her to start. "I have to go to work tomorrow, then I have some things I need to take care of afterwards, but I'll be home in time to make dinner. There's some money in the drawer by the door, you can take that to go get some snacks you like tomorrow. There's a grocery store about a block away."

Kira looked up from the file to nod at her father, the followed Shouta to the sink to help clean up from dinner.

"I got this if you want to finish unpacking." Shouta said as he started running the water.

"I can help." Kira responded, slightly nervous for whatever more surprises her aunt might have put in her luggage.

"It's ok. Go finish."

Kira huffed her annoyance, but obliged, going back to her room. She didn't have much more to unpack, her backpack and purse that she had carried onto the plane with her was all that was left. Her backpack had a CD player, paired with a couple CDs, some notebooks, a folder, her extra gloves, and another rectangular package wrapped in the same paper as the camera and photo album.

Tearing through the paper, she revealed a Queen CD, their last album with Freddie Mercury, Innuendo. A piece of paper was taped to the back, with Alona's handwriting on it.

I don't have much time, Karly told me what's going to happen. This is for you, I know it's not all your style of music, Nickelback whore. But you did like the few Queen songs I've played for you in the past.
Play track 8 for me, will ya?
Love you always
Alona

Kira set her CD player up, plugging it into the wall next to her desk and adjusting it so it wouldn't disturb her father. She put the CD in, skipping through until the eighth track. The song wasn't like any of the others she had heard. By the end, with Freddie's last whisper of "I love you," Kira had tears rolling down her cheek, though a smile was breaking through.

Kira grabbed the folder, opening it and taking out a piece of paper. She let the music continue to play, the melodies turning into background noise for her writing.

Alona,
I moved back to Japan today. Authorities said that I had to move back and go to hero school or else I would go to jail. Don't ask me what happened to the others, I haven't seen them in what feels like forever. He disappeared. Lia and Amaryllis got away before the police and heroes showed up.
Anyway, Dad hasn't changed much, but he's now a teacher at UA, and he's going to be my teacher. He's making me use my moms information though. He says it's safer this way.
I saw your gifts. Why didn't you tell me? Sure, Karly gets an impression of the future, but there's ways to change that... You know that we can alter the visions Karly has if we work together to change them... Now, you're gone.
I'll start school in three days. They want me to get settled and start at the beginning of the week.
I'll tell you how it is when I start. I'm not expecting much, but... I don't even know what I'm expecting.
It's getting late, and I'm still a little jet lagged from the flight, even with my short nap earlier.
Kira

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
1050 words
So uh... long time no see~
I'm sorry it took so long, I've been really busy and kinda had a large bout of writers block.
It doesn't help that I got 90% done with this chapter before it deleted itself... it's shorter than I wanted, and more of a filler chapter, but next chapter will be better, I promise.
As always, stay golden my lovely sunshines and gorgeous starlights <3
Noya