Monday. The day Kira dreaded the whole weekend. Her father had already left for the school, saying he needed to go to a meeting before class. So, she was left with the coffee pot and some pop tarts for breakfast before she left herself. She already hated the uniform, the skirt felt much too short, and the given shoes were uncomfortable. She opted to wear a pair of leggings and her worn down black combat boots instead, finding the familiar shoes much more comfortable. She made sure to pop an extra uniform inside her bag, just in case she unexpectedly used her quirk. She was looking forward to her hero uniform, the fabric was made to work with her quirk so it wouldn't be ripped to shreds, instead it had a lot of velcro spots to fit some of her shifts.

It didn't take Kira long to walk to the school. No one paid much attention to her, which she was thankful for, and she easily found her class. Shouta was sitting at the desk at the front of the class, and there were some students already in the classroom. "Riley, welcome to class 1-A. You can go ahead and take the seat behind Kirishima, the kid with red hair."

"I don't have to introduce myself to the class, do I?" She asked, slightly hoping her father would do it for her.

"If you don't want to, I'll give a short introduction, but you'll have to stand at the front." Shouta had a small gleam in his eye despite his usual expression, showing Kira that he would enjoy her torture.

"Fine..." Kira glared at him, but waited at the front.

The rest of her classmates showed up, all of them present about five minutes before the bell. Shouta took advantage of the extra time and stood up at the podium. "Before class starts, we have a transfer student. You can introduce yourselves at a later time. Riley, take your seat behind Kirishima. Kirishima, raise your hand so she knows where you are."

Kira ignored the comments from the students about how unusual it was to have a transfer student this early and with no warning, sliding into the seat behind Kirishima.

"Go ahead and talk amongst yourselves for the last few minutes, then we'll get started." Shouta told the class, then sat back at his desk.

Kirishima turned around, and a couple other students crowded around Kira's desk, making her slightly uncomfortable. "So, Riley, right? Where did you transfer from?"

Kira looked towards the desk at the front of the classroom, knowing that her father was keeping an eye out. "Came from a school in America. Please, I'm not used to being called Riley anymore, just call me Kira."

"You can call me babe if I can call you mine," the boy with electric blonde hair said, a black lightning bolt decorating the blonde strands.

"Shut up, Denki, she doesn't even know you yet!" A girl with pink hair and skin reprimanded the boy, Denki, before slinging her arm around Kira's shoulders. "Ignore him, sweet cheeks. I'm Mina Ashido, mr. flirty is Denki Kaminari, red head here is Eijiro Kirishima. That's Kyoka Jirou, and Ochako Uraraka."

There were a few more introductions before Shouta went back to the podium to start the day. Everyone shuffled to their seats, and Kira had a sigh of relief. The last time that many people crowded around her was right after the accident. She pushed those thoughts and feelings away, focusing her attention to the front of the class. Shouta talked about a training excersize they had, focusing his attention on the two boys a few rows over, one with green hair and the other with blonde. He then announced that they were to select their class representatives that day before the lessons would start.

Many of the students stood up, claiming they wanted to be the class representative and giving an example why they would be a good choice. The student with glasses and choppy hand movements gave the idea of holding an election and asked their teacher what he thought about it.

"I don't care how you come to the decision as long as you decide before homeroom is over." With that, Shouta zipped up a sleeping bag falling over for a quick nap, which made Kira giggle at her father's action. "I don't see what you find funny, Riley." She laughed harder, a couple others joinging her.

The election began, each student choosing a person to vote for. Kira knew almost nothing about the class so she pulled out her phone instead, sending a quick text to her aunt, letting her know that she had begun her classes. After, Kira ignored the class, throwing her headphones on instead, drowning in the sound of Linkin Park and Nickelback. She was interrupted, however, when someone tapped her shoulder, causing her to flinch and spin around in her chair, hand up and ready to punch. She froze when she saw Ochako there with a startled look.

"Sorry, didn't mean to surprise you. I was just wondering who you voted for." Ochako apologized.

"I didn't. I don't really know anyone in the class, so there's no point in me voting." Kira replied, pausing her music.

"Oh, well, you can sit with us at lunch, then we can get to know each other!" The brunette smiled at Kira, obviously excited to get to know the trannsfer student.

"I guess so." Kira shrugged, she hadn't really thought about what she was supposed to do for lunch.

"Great! We can swap stories about schools, and you can tell us about America. If you want, of course."

"Has everyone voted?" Iida asked from the front of the class, there were a collection of nods and verbal responses, all saying they were finished. The class representative ended up being a shy boy with greenish hair and freckles, which Ochako told Kira was Izuku Midoriya, and the deputy was a tall girl with a teased ponytail named Momo Yayorozu.

From there Shouta gave the class until lunch off, which was going to be soon, if Kira remembered correctly. Kirishima, Denki, Sero, and Mina brought her into a conversation about Japan's number one pro-hero, All Might. Apparently, he had started to teach at the school that year.

"So, Kira, what are your thoughts on All Might? One of the greatest heroes, right?" Kirishima beamed at her, obviously a fan.

"Sure, I guess? I don't know him as well as you do. From the US, remember? I know of more American heroes than Japanese, sorry." She scratched her neck sheepishly, making a note to look up Japan's top heroes after school. Of course she knew Erasurehead, and there were a couple others Kira had heard the names of but didn't know much about. All Might sounded familiar but she couldn't place his name to a face.

"Well, then we can exchange stories about the heroes. Midoriya probably knows the most about all the heroes. He keeps notebooks on them." Kirishima gestured towards the freckled boy.

Talk of the heroes had continued until lunch, Kira mostly listening in to the stories her classmates told, most being about All Might. When lunch dismissed the class, Kira only nodded to her father, with a small glance to her phone in her hand, signaling to him to check his messages.

Kira: Going to lunch with some of the others.

Shouta:  If you come back to the classroom before lunch is over, I will be next door in class 1-B.

Kira: ok, I might head back to the classroom in a little bit.

"Come on, Kira. The cafeteria is a little confusing at first, but don't worry, we got your back." Mina threw her arm around Kira's shoulders as soon as they both stood up, leading the girl out of the classroom and into the halls.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
1323 words