Part 14

Jin sitting next to y/n's hospital bed while she laying there unconscious. He held the hand of his little sister and looked at her with regretful teary eyes. Its been a month since she has been in coma.

Each day he asked himself , 'what did i ever do wrong? what could i have done to make it right? would anything ever change?' and like that he passed those sleepless nights and tiring days while taking care of her. 

He heard the door opening and immediately  wiped his tears. He looked back and asked the man behind him. 

" Did they found any evidence?" - Jin 

"They are still investigating. You need to come with me." said Min Yoongi.

Both sat in Yoongi's car. 

Yoongi : Police think you really tried to kill her?

Jin : Do you also think that? ( he looked at him with pleading eyes) 

Yoongi : I am your Lawyer i need to know the truth, what ever it is. Your are main suspect in Y/n's case. Only you were there while she drowned, you are the only person to get benefit out of this. 

Jin : You know what maybe you are right it was me who tried killed her. I should have been there when she needed me the most. But i was not! i was far away in another city chasing my so called dreams while she suffered alone. 

Yoongi : Nah! you didn't do anything. I know you well! Police think you tried to kill her for property and their suspicion has become more strong after knowing that you are adopted. 

Jin : If i wanted that why would i have brought her to hospital then ? why would i have saved her by myself. 

Yoongi : That's exactly why you are only a suspect and not in Jail. Only Y/n can tell the truth, make sure to take good care of her. Hope she recover soon. 

Jin simply nodded and left. 

He walked straight for an hour mindlessly on the road and ended up in front of his old house. He went inside.

Jin's pov - 

I used to call this place a home but now its just the creaky floorboards, flaking wallpaper, and rusted doorknobs, each of which has a story to tell.

I once read somewhere "mind is its own place , it can make a heaven out of hell and a hell out of heaven."  I created both and  now i am stuck in between them. Escape is what used to seek for a very long time, it was peaceful to leave while the world i left behind would keep on burning. I reflection of the ashes are visible in front of me now where i buried myself so deep that i myself can't find an escape.

It was on my 10th birthday when i overheard my mom and aunt talking and came to know i was the adopted child. Y/n was their real child.The attention and care i used to get now got shifted to her. I felt left out and insecure around her. My insecurity turned into jealousy with out me even noticing it.I started feeling small in front of her, unworthy of love. 

May be i was just a kid and naive at that time but that's how i distanced myself from everybody. I felt like an outcast and decided to leave as soon as i passed high school. That's what i did. I decided to never look back until i prove myself. Years of struggle, hundreds of auditions, multiple part time jobs, betrayal of friends. Guess what i still failed to make it into acting career. I got small roles, sometimes they won't even pay me or when i get big roles they would give it to someone else in the moment. We dream and we work hard. I learned life is not fair, success is not guaranteed even if you try your best. I couldn't return back home because i am ashamed of mylself even when i wanted to return.

He went to y/n's room and open the drawer of her study table. There old drawings she made.

She drew a place called Home

She drew a place called Home. He felt pain of guilt and fell down on his knees and yelled in remorse , " I AM SORRY Y/Nie. I swear i never hated you i was just a dumb kind. Please get well soon...please... " 

He hugged the drawing tightly to his and curled up on the floor. 

Soon he fell into deep sleep and saw himself in some dark place with a shimmering light dancing over his head

Soon he fell into deep sleep and saw himself in some dark place with a shimmering light dancing over his head. He followed it as if it was calling him. 

He reached at the end and opened a door in front of him finding a completely strange place

He reached at the end and opened a door in front of him finding a completely strange place. He felt a little nervous to take a step further but he did. 

to be continued

to be continued...

Writer's note :- 

Hey ARMY! thank you so much for  reading this story, your support means a lot to me and motivate me to keep writing. I am going through a really tough phase right now and writing give me a little relief. So i am grateful to all of you. 

Because of you guys this story was able to get a good ranking on this platform. I promise to improve and do better in future. 

bbye till next part! I PURPLE YOU ALL...