Chapter 1

Kana POV

"Kana where are you?" Lucas mind-linked me.
"I'm in the hospital waiting for the test result."
"Is Cain with you? Tell him not to blocked his mind link! This is urgent!"
"Yes he's with me. He left to get the test result awhile ago. What happened?"
"Well, some rogues try to trespassing our teritory. "
"What? Are you okay? " I remember Lucas do the patrol today with some of our pack members.
"Yes I'm. But can you tell him to mindlinked me back? Because he's in charge now while our parents went to River Dawn Pack. "
"Ok. I will tell him when he come back "
"Thanks"
"YEPP "

"Cain," I called him right after he come back .
"Hmm...?" He stare at me.
"Lucas said that you blocked your mind-linked. And there is a problem about rogues he said and it's urgent. " I told him.
"I know. I talked to him. I blocked it because I was talking with the doctor , sis... He said that you're in a good health and keep it in that way. Come on let's go to home. I must take care of the rogues" He stare at me.
"Ok.. " I answer.
******

I stare at the calendar in my room. It's just three weeks to my birthday, I started feel worry. On their 17 years old, werewolf usually found their mate. Seventeen is the age that you can started feel and smell your mate. I feel really worry that my mate will rejected me because I'm 'different' and I'm not ready to have a mate. I remembered my sixteenth birthday last year.

Flashback on

Today is my sixteenth birthday and I really excited because today is the day when I have my wolf and become a truly werewolf. I'm just worried about one thing. That's when my first shift. Lot of people say that the first shift was very painful. I'm a little bit scared about that. But I'm sure that I can handle this. I'm a fighters. Even though I never really get the trainee like other pack member but I believe in a fighters. When the pack is on the training, I usually joined on the practice. Just a little exercise will not kill me, right? The first time my brothers know about in joint in the training they're worried and a little bit angry because they said that I didn't believe them to protect me. But I can asure them I can handle this. I never forget to bring my inhaler and medicine. And I believe that I can handle it. I didn't like being 'princess'. I want to fight like other people. I believe someday I can convalesce from my illness.
"Of course you can. You're stronger than you think you're."
"Who's that?"
"I'm Chiara, your wolf."
"Oh hi! Ehm, are you nervous about our shift tonight ?"
"A little bit. Because your heart isn't strong enough and your asthma. Well, I think if you can't handle this you can ask your parent to inject you with the Wolfsbane."
"What?! No! I want to shift so bad! I'm not going inject my self with that damn wolfsbane." I said with little anger. How dare she ask me to inject myself with wolfsbane. Wolfsbane is a poison that can make your wolf weak and you can't use the mind-link for a couple day. So, if I got injected by it, I won't shift and I will be in bed rest for about a week.
"It's the best way Kana! Please listen to me. You're special. You can shift but tonight isn't the right time. Maybe later. After you got the full heart treatment and the surgery. Will you trust me for now? You're strong. Really-really stronger than other wolf. Just believe in me Kana."
"Okay,but I can't miss my party tonight right?"
"Of course! You can still have it. The first shift usually happen at midnight. Tell your parents and brothers to get ready with the wolfsbane when it happen."
"Ok." I said with a little disappointment. Well, no shift tonight but I can shift SOMEDAY. Don't know when. But if she said so, I must followed it. Because it is for our sake. Now I must find Cain and Lucas first to tell them what will happen.
"Luke, Cain where are you?" I mindlinked them. Well, its the easiest way to find them I think.
"We're at the border sis. Is there any problem?" Lucas mindlinked me.
"Well, it's about my wolf. I've met her. Her name is Chiara. And she said that I can't shift tonight and I must get an injection of a wolfsbane."
"WHAT?! You gotta be kidding me."
"Nope. I'm really serious."
"I can arrange that." Suddenly Cain joint the chat.
"What?! You will help her idea? " Lucas says referring my wolf.
"It's for the best. If her wolf said she isn't ready to shift, we must help her stop her first shift." Cain said to Lucas.
"Okay. I will get the wolfsbane for you." Lucas agreed with Cain.
And so it goes. I ayo have my birthday party. But when the time I must shift, my parents and brothers inject me with the wolfsbane. It hurt like a b*tch and make me rest in bed  for 4 days. I hope someday I can shift like she said.

Fashback off

I really worried about it. I don't want a mate. At least not now. Maybe after I shift.

"KANA...OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!! " I heard Dimmi,my best friend screaming like crazy woman.
"Hush Dimmi! It's pack house. Not in the hall or forest! Lower your voice!" I heard my other friend, Elaine tell her. Yes, my family and I live in the Pack house. The pack house is the central of the pack. It have 4 floors and about 30 rooms and it's a house for some of the pack members. Usually the Alpha and his family live at the house too.
Then they knock my door.
Tok.. tok... tok...
"Kana, are you okay? " Elaine asked me.
"Yes! Wait a minute I will open the door. "And I walk to the door and unlocked it.
"I thought you collapse or something... huh. . You make me worry gal.. " Dimmi frowned.
"I'm okay." I roll my eyes.
"Kana let's go to the mall... I want to buy some clothes and a snacks too!" Dimmi asked me with her puppy eyes.
"Okay but I must tell my brother first." I laugh because she looks like a crazy people.
"I've already told them and they said you can go with us and Cain said that he will send some of the pack members to accompany us and also you can use the debit card but don't forget to bring your medicine." Elaine says.
"Oh, ok! Let's go!" I said with excitement.

****
At the mall

We've been here for about 4 hours. It's really tiring. We bought some new clothes and shoes. I think it's enough shopping. But somehow Dimmi isn't satisfied yet . She's truly shopaholic. Right now, I, Elaine and some of our 'bodyguards' are waiting for her at the foodcourt. I don't know for sure where she is because are just go in and out a lot of store.

"Kana, I can't wait for your birthday party 3 weeks from now. You know,, the Alpha's only daughter birthday party is always fun. And I hope this year I can found my mate." Elaine said to me. Because she was turn 17 last year and she haven't found her mate yet.
"Oh,, don't lose hope El! I believe that he's looking for you too. If he isn't I will kick his ass." I told her and she laugh at me.
"How about you? Are you excited?"
"Well, actually no. I don't want to leave the pack and go with some strangers." I chuckled.
"Hey, the 'strangers' is your mate."
"Don't care!." I laughed

"Kana, El! Do you guys want to buy something again?" Suddenly Dimmi appear in front of me with hands full of shopping bags.
"What the hell?! Did you just buy all of that? Why do you need all that clothes, shoes and.. what? ! UNDERWEAR?" I said with shock eyes. She just grin at me and she say
"Yeah! It's for your party honey. Maybe at your birthday I will found my mate too! " She grin at me. Yes, she turn 17 about a months ago and she haven't found her mate too.
"You gotta be kidding me. It's 3 weeks from now. Ah.. Do whatever you want. Come on let's go home. We need to go to school tomorrow." I told them.
"Ok," she answer me.
####

______________________________________
Hello... thanks for reading my book. Please vote and comment! Thanks. ;)