A Trophy Wife (Lydia's Perspective)...

My name is Lydia Moeller, Johnathan Moeller is my husband of 7 years now. My husband is for sure the love of my life but sometimes I wonder what he thinks of me. I don't think he hates me but he is not like all of my friends husbands. As a matter of fact he's not like any other guy I know. 

He has long brown hair, it is about the same length as mine. He is a cop but I don't find it easy thinking of him that way. My husband is also short for a guy his age, he is actually just barley shorter than me. The weirdest and most attractive thing that seems to really stand out to me is that it does not bother him. 

He honestly is a beautiful man. I have had people ask me, "Who's that girl you were with last night?" and I usually answer with "Oh, that's my husband."  Their reaction is usually priceless.

Anyway this morning he called me and asked me to go with him to Mike's boy scout meeting. He was supposed to go there by himself while I stayed home with Katie. I want him to get involved with his kids but he's always working... Either on his car, or he's out chasing people who drive just like him. 

My daughter was diagnosed with Autism so she can be a handful at times. Michael wants to be a cop. He has more energy than a cheetah. He wants to play sports but I won't let him. Boy scouts is the one thing he loves though and it keeps him in and out of different activities so he can discover what he really likes to do. 

I asked Johnathan to just do that and there we were all there. He couldn't even handle going to a meeting by himself. He wasn't even paying attention to anything the leader was saying. At first he was talking to his cop friend then, he was playing with Katie and she was making loud squealing noises which was distracting me and I couldn't hear so I got mad at him and he got quiet like he does a lot so I didn't think anything of it at first.

However when everyone was eating pizza, I asked John if he wanted some because he was still holding and feeding Katie and I was going to get some for him. 

But, he said no... Sometimes I feel like my husband doesn't know how well I know him.  Johnathan can be very sensitive at times. Some people eat a lot when they are upset but for some reason John does the complete opposite.

When we first started dating I would actually get mad at him when he wouldn't eat my food occasionally, I thought he just didn't like my cooking. 

Until one day we went out for dinner. We might have gotten into a little argument, I don't remember what it was about but I got really mad at him and said something pretty mean. I shouldn't have said it and I won't repeat it but he had no reaction to it...

But he stopped eating again...

I have never talked to him about it because I don't know how he would react. I don't want it to hurt him. 

When all the kids went to class Johnathan looked at the table next to us and one of the guys sitting there gave him a very angry look for no reason but I don't think john noticed. He handed Katie to me and stood up. He stopped and looked at me for a second which was weird, but then we headed to John's Impala. I buckled Katie in and sat in the passenger seat. 

John got in and started the car, "I need to make sure something happens," he said. 

A car pulled up next to us and the guy from before, got out of the driver seat yelling at john from outside the car.

"Honey I'll be right back" John said calmly. 

He got out and closed the door so I cracked my window so I could hear what was being said....