Turn of Events

(okay guys I literally wrote this during study hall so yeah...also I plan to make this fanfic long because that's usually how I write I don't really like to skip to the point unless I'm really impatient and that might reflect in my writing from time to time.)

Finding Kacchan wasn't going to be hard since I always tried my best to read the engraved school name written on the back of his black coat. It was getting there that was the problem. A physically injured patient with a hoodie and sweatpants no shoes but yes to the socks. I can already hear the lectures from kacchan and the homeless man but I didn't care I just wanted to see him.

I hauled ass to find a damn cab or at least that's how my father would say it. After a few minutes, one finally caught sight of me and stopped. It was a white van and the dude driving looked very happy to see me for some reason? it's not like I was known around the neighborhood for this man to make such an expression. Maybe he knew my father? The driver looked really familiar actually as if he made trades with my dad when visiting the house but I was too young to remember and the trauma has already started to be blocked out by the protection of my mind.

I sighed and said fuck it as I hopped into the van.

I never knew the ways of rights and wrongs of street smart no shit I was in my fucking house. My father only had kid books in my room that's how I educated myself to learn and to read and write but everything else about the outside world and how people communicate with each other and understand is beyond me, never learned it. Now I know that this decision was going to bite my ass later.

Closing the side door the man driving asked "where to?" with an ugly ass smile on his face. "uhm (name of high school) please" the guy in the passenger seat chuckled and we started to drive off. I honestly didn't know where I was but I couldn't have been that far from my house or hospital. I should've realized what was happening to me when the sky went darker and police sirens were heard a mile away. The driver muttered an "oh shit" and the passenger whispered "let's drop him off on the side of the road" I assumed these guys were lost so I suggested we head back.

"Are we almost there? I honestly don't even think my friend is at school anymore. Can we go back?"

the driver pulled up into an alleyway and crawled into the back seat with me along with his buddy over here.

"Sorry kid but you're our hope for the future. Not a hero but something way more than that" that was the last thing I heard after they jabbed a thick syringe into my chest.

I didn't get to see Kacchan today.

This sucks.

Time Skip

I've been monitored in an advanced hospital mostly focused on quirks for the past few days. This is weird because most of the abuse I've dealt with from my dad was the lack of quirk that my body didn't have. I haven't seen my new family or Kacchan since I've been here which makes me sad because I've wanted to see Kacchan but the doctors explained that I need to be tested daily since my body changed drastically from last time. However, I couldn't see the difference it was more internal. My schedule was pretty lame for most of the time. 

My doctor noticed that I don't like to be sitting for too long so I'm always hanging out in the gym provided by the hospital. I play games with the other patients there and sometimes I'm called out to do some physical therapy. My physical therapist always says that I'm improving and doing much better than the last visit but she always has an expression of worry after she says that like she's waiting for my body to betray me or for something to attack. I guess she'll have to wait for that time to come.

I'm currently in the gym playing with one of my friends. His name is Shoto Todoroki and he's in here for some similar reasons, his dad. He and I really be twinen em.

"Izuku, my therapist, is being such a bitch rn" he complains.

"oh, yea? what did he say this time?"

"He's telling me that I should reason with my father and try to understand that he was raised with expectations that are now guiding him to raise me" Todoroki rolled his eyes at the stupid explanation. It was pretty stupid I mean was my father's expectations/discipline abuse, is that why he beat me?

I gave him an empathetic look and shrugged it off.

Todoroki and I played a few rounds of basketball until it was shower time.

"If I dunk this, can I have your pudding for dinner tonight?" I urge. He looks at me with a grin wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

"Give it your best shot shorty" he replies in his monotone voice. It makes me giggle at how stupid he sounds.

I run in the format of a layup and slam the ball through the hoop making it in and dangling from the rim.

"Damn, maybe your father will love you now" he teases

"ahh stfu-"

before I could finish with my profanity my hand grip slides off from the sweat and I fall straight onto my back. The air in my lungs is swept away from impact.

I don't even have it in me to let out a scream.