Prologue: Outside of Time

(A/N): Hello, and welcome to what a fanfiction that is possibly going to turn into a train wreck in 3 chapters. Make sure you've read the description and warning to come in with the right level of expectations (which is none). 

(Also this is my first time using Wattpad so I don't even know how to change the font and stuff on this website lol so bear with me while I figure out what the hell I am doing.)

Formatting:

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"Herrscher of the Void Speaking"

'Herrscher of the Void Thoughts'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiden Mei was tired.

Yes, that's right, Raiden Mei, not the Herrscher of Thunder.

She had long ago come to gain control of her other aspect, or rather that her other aspect decided to become her. 

Placing her blade down in a corner of her room, she sat down and unwound from the entire day's happenings. She had fought the Herrscher of the Void, as usual, for around seven hours, with their annoying voice and laughter still fresh in her mind. Everything that had happened before seemed like a faraway dream. Simpler days where she and Kianna, her Kianna, would sit on a bench after class, and she would listen to the girl's every complaint and praise. 

Suddenly, her phone vibrated, spooking her out of her reminiscing and also make her nearly leap into the ceiling

 'I guess I'm still a bit jumpy at times..." Mei thought, as she calmed herself and picked up her phone.

It was a message that she set for herself a year prior, reminding her of her birthday. This brought about another depressive episode where she remembers the lively atmosphere, and of course, Kianna again. 

This time, it was a brisk and heavy knock on the door that broke Mei out of her second nostalgia trip in the span of five minutes. Of course, making her jump again.

'The Herrscher of Thunder...scared by a phone notification and door knocking' Mei thought to herself as she sighed. 

This time, the door was knocked so hard that it feels like it was going to fly off of its hinges. Making Mei put on her best smile and turn the doorknob. Opening the door, a white object was hurled at her at record speeds.

Mei, of course, managed to catch the box, only that the box in her hands were not the main concern. She swiftly put the box down and tried to pull out her weapon to find it that she left it in the corner of her room earlier. 

Indeed, this was a justified reaction, as the person standing right outside her door, or rather floating, was the Herrscher of the Void herself. 

Upon watching her rival's pathetic attempts to defend herself, the Void Queen couldn't help but let a sadistic smirk crawl onto her face. 

"Save it, you look like a worm struggling to pull itself across a dirt patch." she said to Mei who now had her weapon after a short mental struggle. 

"And how, exactly, am I supposed to react to the person who tried to kill me just under an hour ago?" Mei replied. 

Scoffing, the Void Queen pointed to the box, and said "Take a good look." before turning away, signaling that she had nothing more to say for the moment. 

Mei cautiously put her weapon down. It seemed like the normally malice-filled Herrscher actually is not here for a fight. Turning and picking up the box, she realized that it was something that was to expected on normal occasions, especially on a day like this, but definitely not from the person she just saw.