Chapter Ten: Reality

(A/n): Have idea, start writing, forget idea, come up with worse idea, is the cycle that I have been stuck in.

I also just want to make clear that the future that this version of Mei and Kiana came from diverges from the canon future, mostly because HI3 is still updating and I can't get a clear view of the ending yet.

Basically events similar to canon happened, but after they resolved the Honkai issue Kiana had a assimilation with the Void Core. This will be explained in more detail later but I just wanted to establish that as to not get any loreaboos on my ass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Durandal couldn't remember the last time she woke up in an infirmary.

Durandal also couldn't remember the last time she woke up in an infirmary,  got taken care of by the same person that put her in the infirmary, and that happened to be a Herrscher.

Being spoon-fed some tomato soup she was sure was canned and bought from Rewe (German supermarket chain), Durandal could only continue drinking it under the intense but worried stare of K-423.

Trying to speak up only ended up with having more tomato soup shoved into her mouth, so she just gave up and resigned to the fact that she was forcefully recovering now.

After eating a few more spoons of the soup, she finally got time to talk when the bowl emptied, but she realized that she had no idea what to ask. 

"Your overseer and colleague are safe. I know that you must be confused, so I will answer any question you throw at me." 

The Herrscher's voice broke her out of her own thoughts, with one of her many questions already answered, she started off with:

"Where am I?"

She already had a guess on where she was, the Herrscher did show up with Anti-Entropy mechs after all, this was mostly just confirmation and testing the waters for later questions.

"The Anti-Entropy Flag Ship."

The answer was as expected, it seemed that the Herrscher truly meant to answer her questions.

"The colleague you were talking about...are they by chance-"

"Rita Rossweisse? Yes."

Tensing up for a moment, she realized that the medical bay was pretty much empty, with only one other bed being occupied by a familiar red-haired valkyrie.

"Where is Rita and the Overseer?" Durandal asked as she stopped beating around the bush.

"In the cell blocks of course."

This gave rise to even more questions for Durandal.

"Then why am I here?" gesturing around the medical bay.

"...You were hurt more badly"

Durandal caught that small window of thinking that the Herrscher had prior to responding to her question. While the reasoning was valid, she can't help but feel that there is more to it.

"Now if that was all, there is other business that I have to attend to."

As she started to exit the room, Durandal asked one last question.

"Who...are you?"

Her tone was laced with uncertainty. This person in front of her was not the Herrscher of the Void, their slight differences in appearance was evident along with their personality to a point. Yet, it also certainly isn't the child that the overseer took.