Chapter Eight: Planning

(A/n): Ran into a writer's block right after the last chapter.

Formatting:

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"K-423 Speaking"

'K-423 Thoughts'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tesla worked frantically to stabilize Himeko.

'How long are they going to take?' she fumed in her head.

Tesla's rage was almost completely unjustified, as only three minutes had passed, but felt like an eternity to her.

"I'm back"

Wiping the sweat from her brow, she turned around to see a new figure walking past her.

"K-Kiana?"

Tesla wasn't someone who would usually question the choices of a maybe-probably slightly intimidating lightning goddess, but...

'Can she really do it?'

Just by the descriptions of Kiana she had been told by not just Siegfried, but also Himeko and Theresa from her short times with them, she didn't exactly sound like the most careful or trustworthy around.

"I-impossible...How could you!?"

The Gem was panicking now, they had barely clung on earlier with the other Herrscher and now...

'I'm not going to be able to resist this.'

"Silence."

The Gem barely had time to tremble before it was removed from Himeko in one swift, practiced motion. 

Tesla rushed up to check on Himeko's condition, and much to her surprise and relief, Himeko's condition was stable.

"I'll take it from here, you guys can go do...whatever Herrschers do in their free time."

The two were quickly ushered out of the room and the door shut behind them.

"Quite ungrateful if I do say so myself."

Walking, or rather floating, out of the medical bay with Mei following after her, the Void Queen focused on the next important order of business.

"So are there any instant noodles on this ship?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Himeko felt like she was stuck in a dream.

Probably because she was actually, in fact, stuck in a dream. 

She walked down a broken up path of her memories, her father, her first day as a Valkyrie, becoming an instructor at St. Freya, and finally, her memories with her students.

At the end of it stood a familiar figure, the same one that she was fighting before.

Her sword appeared in her hands and she charged towards it without a second thought. Yet as she brought it down, the Herrscher turned around to reveal...Kiana.

"Why did you leave me Himeko-Sensei?"

She felt her own heart stop, and like a vacuum the scene was ripped away from her to reveal the pristine white ceiling of the medical bay on the Moonlight Throne. 

Suddenly Tesla's face popped into her view.

"Ah, you're awake, that's good."

A rare look of relief washed over Tesla's visage, which didn't really decrease the amount of questions Himeko had.